Topics

Update re Lewisboro Library Fair 9/22/18

Margarita Vatis

I Hope everyone had a wonderful Summer!

Just a quick update - Lisa Kuller (copied here) will be organizing the fiber demo at the Lewisboro library fair this year and will be incorporating an Earthloom as a kids activity. We hope to exhibit the loom afterwards at the library, along with a nice narrative about how it was a collaborative effort and what it represents, etc.

Inline image

Please let Lisa know if you're interested in participating. I hope to see you in the crowds or at the fiber exhibit!

Best Regards,
Margarita

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 10:38:09 AM EDT, Margarita Vatis via Groups.Io <margaritavatis@...> wrote:

Hi Fellow Fiber Enthusiasts!

I’m excited to let you know that I’m the new Lewisboro Library Fair Coordinator this year and, along with a dedicated team of volunteers, have been busy making preparations for the upcoming Lewisboro Library Fair on Saturday, September 22nd, from 10am-4pm at Onatru Farm in South Salem.

As a big fan of farms and fiber, I would love to use this event to showcase how wool fiber gets processed, spun, woven and knit into all sorts of wonderful things. Unfortunately, South Salem’s own resident wool experts, Lucinda and Joe, will be travelling so I’m hoping some of you will self-organize to help me set up a tent to demo/talk about our favorite fibery stuff? The fair is a great library fundraiser and community event with lots of people, music, food, and SCADS of books for sale!

If you're interested, please contact me directly at margaritavatis@...

or call/text (914) 557-0620

Thank You – I look forward to hearing from you :)

Kindest Regards,

Margarita

Lucinda Shastid

Lisa, what a great idea!

I hope everyone has a great time - I will be out of town so I can't join.

Have fun!

Lucinda

On 9/5/2018 7:17 AM, Margarita Vatis via Groups.Io wrote:
I Hope everyone had a wonderful Summer!
Just a quick update - Lisa Kuller (copied here) will be organizing the fiber demo at the Lewisboro library fair this year and will be incorporating an Earthloom as a kids activity. We hope to exhibit the loom afterwards at the library, along with a nice narrative about how it was a collaborative effort and what it represents, etc.
https://www.earthloom.org/
Please let Lisa know if you're interested in participating. I hope to see you in the crowds or at the fiber exhibit!
Truncated!
This message exceeded the Maximum Message Size set in Account Settings, so we have only downloaded the first few lines from the mail server.
Download the rest of the message. <mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/Inbox?number=141889827&messageid=949845070.399955.1536146243861%40mail.yahoo.com&uidl=11e8-b0fd-5d37695a-9274-002128178aea>

Teresa Ambrose

What a nice idea! Have fun!

What we think we become. - Buddha