Topics

18th Annual Sheep and Fiber Farm Tour - Washington County NY

Joe Zygala and Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>

I received this e-mail and wanted to share it.

Regards,

Lucinda
============
To All Fiber Fanatics.....

Here in Washington County, New York, we await the first signs of
spring, looking for red winged blackbirds to arrive and tiny blades of green grass to emerge.

Meanwhile, our 11 farms have been planning for this year's 18th
Annual Washington County Fiber Farm Tour, April 24-25, 2010, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Find us at http://www.washingtoncountyfibertour.org. Our farms are just an hour north of Albany, New York, and a half-day's drive from New York City, Boston, and Rochester.

This drive-it-yourself tour features our fiber animals from
alpacas to bunnies to sheep, along with the wonderful fibers they give us. We've also scheduled some demonstrations and discussions, such as sheep shearing, raising and caring for alpacas, how to select a sheep's fleece, and dying and felting.

Kick off the Spring Fiber Season by visiting and enjoying our
farms with us.

P.S. For those of you on Facebook….be sure to sign up as a fan!!