Date   
Re: June 15 , 2019 Spin Class

Wilma
 

Hi Shelley


Thanks for sharing.  If ithis group is  designed for people that are already knitting and crocheting., and  working on projects, then I guess this is not the group for me.   I will Look into Armonk’s group and see what they are all about. 

I will let Lucinda know that I will not be joining.

Wilma

On Jun 16, 2019, at 4:38 PM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

I just want to emphasize that our group is primarily knitters, crocheters and spinners who meet to socialize, rather than a class. If someone comes to our meetings with a project underway, we are happy to offer advice or a little help, but we don’t have a structured project prepared for someone to learn to knit.

I’m not familiar with Armonk’s resources, but I have seen knitting classes offered by our local town recreation programs and continuing-ed programs, so maybe the Armonk recreation program or continuing ed. offers knitting classes as well.



Shelley


On Jun 15, 2019, at 8:57 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

We have a new member, Wilma, who will come to our next meeting (not today's).  See her message below.

Can anyone suggest to her what needles and materials she should buy to learn how to knit?

Also, she lives in Armonk - are there knitting groups there that welcome beginners?

Lucinda


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:June 15 , 2019 Spin Class
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 07:07:07 -0400
From: Wilma <eaglewarrior@...>
To: Joe Zygala and Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>


Dear Joe and Lucinda

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend today's class. I am a BC patient. Just got through doing radiation and I am extremely tired today.

Also, I asked about materials I would need to bring with me to do the class, but did not get a response on that.

If , I need to bring materials, I need to know what I need so I come prepared.

My interest in learning how to spin and reconnect with knitting, is for one to get off the treadmill of doctor appointments, treatments and having 
cancer 24/7 on mind. “I want to do something funâ€� and relaxing for me as part of my healing regiment. Two, I like to create projects that I can bring 
back to the Cancer Treatment Center where I am being treated as gifts for other patients going through and even encourage others to join 
something fun and healing.

First Sunday, will not be good for me to attend, as I reconnecting to going back to church. Saturdays will be good.

I pray to join the next Saturday Class.

Thank You . Have a great weekend.

Wilma


Re: June 15 , 2019 Spin Class

Jane Daniels
 

Wilma,

We have had beginners come and get better. As Teresa pointed out she has taught a couple of people how to spin on a drop spindle and I have helped people with knitting. Yes we are experienced but some of us do enjoy helping others learn. If you want to reconnect with knitting, please come. If it is a meeting I am coming to, I would be happy to reacquaint you with knitting. 

Jane 

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM Wilma <eaglewarrior@...> wrote:
Hi Shelley


Thanks for sharing.  If ithis group is  designed for people that are already knitting and crocheting., and  working on projects, then I guess this is not the group for me.   I will Look into Armonk’s group and see what they are all about. 

I will let Lucinda know that I will not be joining.

Wilma

On Jun 16, 2019, at 4:38 PM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

I just want to emphasize that our group is primarily knitters, crocheters and spinners who meet to socialize, rather than a class. If someone comes to our meetings with a project underway, we are happy to offer advice or a little help, but we don’t have a structured project prepared for someone to learn to knit.

I’m not familiar with Armonk’s resources, but I have seen knitting classes offered by our local town recreation programs and continuing-ed programs, so maybe the Armonk recreation program or continuing ed. offers knitting classes as well.



Shelley


On Jun 15, 2019, at 8:57 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

We have a new member, Wilma, who will come to our next meeting (not today's).  See her message below.

Can anyone suggest to her what needles and materials she should buy to learn how to knit?

Also, she lives in Armonk - are there knitting groups there that welcome beginners?

Lucinda


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:June 15 , 2019 Spin Class
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 07:07:07 -0400
From: Wilma <eaglewarrior@...>
To: Joe Zygala and Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>


Dear Joe and Lucinda

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend today's class. I am a BC patient. Just got through doing radiation and I am extremely tired today.

Also, I asked about materials I would need to bring with me to do the class, but did not get a response on that.

If , I need to bring materials, I need to know what I need so I come prepared.

My interest in learning how to spin and reconnect with knitting, is for one to get off the treadmill of doctor appointments, treatments and having 
cancer 24/7 on mind. “I want to do something funâ€� and relaxing for me as part of my healing regiment. Two, I like to create projects that I can bring 
back to the Cancer Treatment Center where I am being treated as gifts for other patients going through and even encourage others to join 
something fun and healing.

First Sunday, will not be good for me to attend, as I reconnecting to going back to church. Saturdays will be good.

I pray to join the next Saturday Class.

Thank You . Have a great weekend.

Wilma




--
Jane Daniels
2802 Deer Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!

Re: June 15 , 2019 Spin Class

Shelley Reid
 

Hi Wilma,

We welcome people of all experience levels, and as others have said, we’re glad to offer guidance and advice. I simply wanted to make sure that it was clear this wasn’t a class setting. If someone came to a meeting expecting a class with a planned project and an instructor with a lesson plan, they would be disappointed.

Shelley


On Jun 16, 2019, at 10:47 PM, Jane Daniels <jdhikes@...> wrote:

Wilma,

We have had beginners come and get better. As Teresa pointed out she has taught a couple of people how to spin on a drop spindle and I have helped people with knitting. Yes we are experienced but some of us do enjoy helping others learn. If you want to reconnect with knitting, please come. If it is a meeting I am coming to, I would be happy to reacquaint you with knitting. 

Jane 

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM Wilma <eaglewarrior@...> wrote:
Hi Shelley


Thanks for sharing.  If ithis group is  designed for people that are already knitting and crocheting., and  working on projects, then I guess this is not the group for me.   I will Look into Armonk’s group and see what they are all about. 

I will let Lucinda know that I will not be joining.

Wilma

On Jun 16, 2019, at 4:38 PM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

I just want to emphasize that our group is primarily knitters, crocheters and spinners who meet to socialize, rather than a class. If someone comes to our meetings with a project underway, we are happy to offer advice or a little help, but we don’t have a structured project prepared for someone to learn to knit.

I’m not familiar with Armonk’s resources, but I have seen knitting classes offered by our local town recreation programs and continuing-ed programs, so maybe the Armonk recreation program or continuing ed. offers knitting classes as well.



Shelley


On Jun 15, 2019, at 8:57 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

We have a new member, Wilma, who will come to our next meeting (not today's).  See her message below.

Can anyone suggest to her what needles and materials she should buy to learn how to knit?

Also, she lives in Armonk - are there knitting groups there that welcome beginners?

Lucinda


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:June 15 , 2019 Spin Class
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 07:07:07 -0400
From: Wilma <eaglewarrior@...>
To: Joe Zygala and Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>


Dear Joe and Lucinda

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend today's class. I am a BC patient. Just got through doing radiation and I am extremely tired today.

Also, I asked about materials I would need to bring with me to do the class, but did not get a response on that.

If , I need to bring materials, I need to know what I need so I come prepared.

My interest in learning how to spin and reconnect with knitting, is for one to get off the treadmill of doctor appointments, treatments and having 
cancer 24/7 on mind. “I want to do something funâ€� and relaxing for me as part of my healing regiment. Two, I like to create projects that I can bring 
back to the Cancer Treatment Center where I am being treated as gifts for other patients going through and even encourage others to join 
something fun and healing.

First Sunday, will not be good for me to attend, as I reconnecting to going back to church. Saturdays will be good.

I pray to join the next Saturday Class.

Thank You . Have a great weekend.

Wilma




--
Jane Daniels
2802 Deer Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!

Re: June 15 , 2019 Spin Class

Teresa Ambrose
 

I founded this group for knitters and spinners to come together and spin and knit and to learn. I was a new spinner and needed support and instruction and the group came together with that spirit. I enjoy teaching and if I was going to be there for the next meeting I would most certainly enjoy teaching Wilma to knit. Maybe someone can step up and offer to show her how it’s done? 

Teresa

On Jun 17, 2019, at 7:11 AM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

Hi Wilma,

We welcome people of all experience levels, and as others have said, we’re glad to offer guidance and advice. I simply wanted to make sure that it was clear this wasn’t a class setting. If someone came to a meeting expecting a class with a planned project and an instructor with a lesson plan, they would be disappointed.

Shelley


On Jun 16, 2019, at 10:47 PM, Jane Daniels <jdhikes@...> wrote:

Wilma,

We have had beginners come and get better. As Teresa pointed out she has taught a couple of people how to spin on a drop spindle and I have helped people with knitting. Yes we are experienced but some of us do enjoy helping others learn. If you want to reconnect with knitting, please come. If it is a meeting I am coming to, I would be happy to reacquaint you with knitting. 

Jane 

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM Wilma <eaglewarrior@...> wrote:
Hi Shelley


Thanks for sharing.  If ithis group is  designed for people that are already knitting and crocheting., and  working on projects, then I guess this is not the group for me.   I will Look into Armonk’s group and see what they are all about. 

I will let Lucinda know that I will not be joining.

Wilma

On Jun 16, 2019, at 4:38 PM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

I just want to emphasize that our group is primarily knitters, crocheters and spinners who meet to socialize, rather than a class. If someone comes to our meetings with a project underway, we are happy to offer advice or a little help, but we don’t have a structured project prepared for someone to learn to knit.

I’m not familiar with Armonk’s resources, but I have seen knitting classes offered by our local town recreation programs and continuing-ed programs, so maybe the Armonk recreation program or continuing ed. offers knitting classes as well.



Shelley


On Jun 15, 2019, at 8:57 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

We have a new member, Wilma, who will come to our next meeting (not today's).  See her message below.

Can anyone suggest to her what needles and materials she should buy to learn how to knit?

Also, she lives in Armonk - are there knitting groups there that welcome beginners?

Lucinda


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:June 15 , 2019 Spin Class
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 07:07:07 -0400
From: Wilma <eaglewarrior@...>
To: Joe Zygala and Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>


Dear Joe and Lucinda

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend today's class. I am a BC patient. Just got through doing radiation and I am extremely tired today.

Also, I asked about materials I would need to bring with me to do the class, but did not get a response on that.

If , I need to bring materials, I need to know what I need so I come prepared.

My interest in learning how to spin and reconnect with knitting, is for one to get off the treadmill of doctor appointments, treatments and having 
cancer 24/7 on mind. “I want to do something funâ€� and relaxing for me as part of my healing regiment. Two, I like to create projects that I can bring 
back to the Cancer Treatment Center where I am being treated as gifts for other patients going through and even encourage others to join 
something fun and healing.

First Sunday, will not be good for me to attend, as I reconnecting to going back to church. Saturdays will be good.

I pray to join the next Saturday Class.

Thank You . Have a great weekend.

Wilma






-- 
Jane Daniels
2802 Deer Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!

Re: June 15 , 2019 Spin Class

Lucinda Shastid
 

Elizabeth Napp, didn't  you come as a beginning knitter?  And last time you were here, you were far beyond a beginner.

Wilma, you'll be very welcome.  And if you want a distraction - we're a great group of friendly ladies who love to talk (as you may have gathered from reports of past meetings).

I hope you'll come to our next meeting and see what you think.

Lucinda

On 6/17/2019 7:33 AM, Teresa Ambrose via Groups.Io wrote:
I founded this group for knitters and spinners to come together and spin and knit and to learn. I was a new spinner and needed support and instruction and the group came together with that spirit. I enjoy teaching and if I was going to be there for the next meeting I would most certainly enjoy teaching Wilma to knit. Maybe someone can step up and offer to show her how it’s done? 

Teresa

On Jun 17, 2019, at 7:11 AM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

Hi Wilma,

We welcome people of all experience levels, and as others have said, we’re glad to offer guidance and advice. I simply wanted to make sure that it was clear this wasn’t a class setting. If someone came to a meeting expecting a class with a planned project and an instructor with a lesson plan, they would be disappointed.

Shelley


On Jun 16, 2019, at 10:47 PM, Jane Daniels <jdhikes@...> wrote:

Wilma,

We have had beginners come and get better. As Teresa pointed out she has taught a couple of people how to spin on a drop spindle and I have helped people with knitting. Yes we are experienced but some of us do enjoy helping others learn. If you want to reconnect with knitting, please come. If it is a meeting I am coming to, I would be happy to reacquaint you with knitting. 

Jane 

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM Wilma <eaglewarrior@...> wrote:
Hi Shelley


Thanks for sharing.  If ithis group is  designed for people that are already knitting and crocheting., and  working on projects, then I guess this is not the group for me.   I will Look into Armonk’s group and see what they are all about. 

I will let Lucinda know that I will not be joining.

Wilma

On Jun 16, 2019, at 4:38 PM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

I just want to emphasize that our group is primarily knitters, crocheters and spinners who meet to socialize, rather than a class. If someone comes to our meetings with a project underway, we are happy to offer advice or a little help, but we don’t have a structured project prepared for someone to learn to knit.

I’m not familiar with Armonk’s resources, but I have seen knitting classes offered by our local town recreation programs and continuing-ed programs, so maybe the Armonk recreation program or continuing ed. offers knitting classes as well.



Shelley


On Jun 15, 2019, at 8:57 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

We have a new member, Wilma, who will come to our next meeting (not today's).  See her message below.

Can anyone suggest to her what needles and materials she should buy to learn how to knit?

Also, she lives in Armonk - are there knitting groups there that welcome beginners?

Lucinda


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: June 15 , 2019 Spin Class
Date:  Sat, 15 Jun 2019 07:07:07 -0400
From:  Wilma <eaglewarrior@...>
To:  Joe Zygala and Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>


Dear Joe and Lucinda

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend today's class. I am a BC patient. Just got through doing radiation and I am extremely tired today.

Also, I asked about materials I would need to bring with me to do the class, but did not get a response on that.

If , I need to bring materials, I need to know what I need so I come prepared.

My interest in learning how to spin and reconnect with knitting, is for one to get off the treadmill of doctor appointments, treatments and having 
cancer 24/7 on mind. “I want to do something fun� and relaxing for me as part of my healing regiment. Two, I like to create projects that I can bring 
back to the Cancer Treatment Center where I am being treated as gifts for other patients going through and even encourage others to join 
something fun and healing.

First Sunday, will not be good for me to attend, as I reconnecting to going back to church. Saturdays will be good.

I pray to join the next Saturday Class.

Thank You . Have a great weekend.

Wilma






-- 
Jane Daniels
2802 Deer Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!

Re: June 15 , 2019 Spin Class

Joan Conca
 

The Armonk Knitting Circle group welcomes all knitters/crocheted, no matter what their skill level.  We have helped many "new" knitters. Yes, gals are working on their own projects, but happily put their project down to help another knitter with anything they need. 
Our group is friendly and supportive. 
We would welcome you, Wilma, if you choose to stop by some time.   Joan



Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Shelley Reid via Groups.Io" <shelweb@...>
Date: 6/17/19 7:11 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HanoverSpinKnit] June 15 , 2019 Spin Class

Hi Wilma,

We welcome people of all experience levels, and as others have said, we’re glad to offer guidance and advice. I simply wanted to make sure that it was clear this wasn’t a class setting. If someone came to a meeting expecting a class with a planned project and an instructor with a lesson plan, they would be disappointed.

Shelley


On Jun 16, 2019, at 10:47 PM, Jane Daniels <jdhikes@...> wrote:

Wilma,

We have had beginners come and get better. As Teresa pointed out she has taught a couple of people how to spin on a drop spindle and I have helped people with knitting. Yes we are experienced but some of us do enjoy helping others learn. If you want to reconnect with knitting, please come. If it is a meeting I am coming to, I would be happy to reacquaint you with knitting. 

Jane 

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM Wilma <eaglewarrior@...> wrote:
Hi Shelley


Thanks for sharing.  If ithis group is  designed for people that are already knitting and crocheting., and  working on projects, then I guess this is not the group for me.   I will Look into Armonk’s group and see what they are all about. 

I will let Lucinda know that I will not be joining.

Wilma

On Jun 16, 2019, at 4:38 PM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

I just want to emphasize that our group is primarily knitters, crocheters and spinners who meet to socialize, rather than a class. If someone comes to our meetings with a project underway, we are happy to offer advice or a little help, but we don’t have a structured project prepared for someone to learn to knit.

I’m not familiar with Armonk’s resources, but I have seen knitting classes offered by our local town recreation programs and continuing-ed programs, so maybe the Armonk recreation program or continuing ed. offers knitting classes as well.



Shelley


On Jun 15, 2019, at 8:57 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

We have a new member, Wilma, who will come to our next meeting (not today's).  See her message below.

Can anyone suggest to her what needles and materials she should buy to learn how to knit?

Also, she lives in Armonk - are there knitting groups there that welcome beginners?

Lucinda


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:June 15 , 2019 Spin Class
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 07:07:07 -0400
From: Wilma <eaglewarrior@...>
To: Joe Zygala and Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>


Dear Joe and Lucinda

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend today's class. I am a BC patient. Just got through doing radiation and I am extremely tired today.

Also, I asked about materials I would need to bring with me to do the class, but did not get a response on that.

If , I need to bring materials, I need to know what I need so I come prepared.

My interest in learning how to spin and reconnect with knitting, is for one to get off the treadmill of doctor appointments, treatments and having 
cancer 24/7 on mind. “I want to do something funâ€� and relaxing for me as part of my healing regiment. Two, I like to create projects that I can bring 
back to the Cancer Treatment Center where I am being treated as gifts for other patients going through and even encourage others to join 
something fun and healing.

First Sunday, will not be good for me to attend, as I reconnecting to going back to church. Saturdays will be good.

I pray to join the next Saturday Class.

Thank You . Have a great weekend.

Wilma




--
Jane Daniels
2802 Deer Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!

Our Knit Layette Socks In A Bouquet Of Colors!

Teresa Ambrose
 



🦋
What we 
think 
we become. 
Buddha

Begin forwarded message:

From: Purl Soho <customerservice@...>
Date: June 19, 2019 at 7:14:35 AM EDT
To: Teresa Ambrose <hayslope@...>
Subject: Our Knit Layette Socks In A Bouquet Of Colors!

Purl Soho
For Summer Newcomers

In ode to the adorableness of a newborn baby’s plump, little feet, we used our softest, finest Line Weight merino to knit these teeny Knit Layette Socks. Adorned with tiny cables, they are the perfect gift for all those expecting a newcomer this summer!

A Bouquet Of Color

Although small, these Knit Layette Socks are filled with pretty details, and in Line Weight’s bountiful choice of colors, they also pack a punch. This project is so mini, you can pick a handful of colors like you’re picking flowers!

Knit A Whole Layette!

Our Knit Layette Socks are just one of three patterns included in our Knit Layette Pattern. You’ll also find a matching cardigan and hat, both employing the same timeless cables as the booties and all in baby-soft Line Weight... Beautiful!

You Might Also Like...
Pom Pom Kit
Lovely Lightweight Tee Pattern Download
Floating Gemstones Necklace Kit
Tussock
Watercolor Linen
Sayer
You have received this email because you joined the www.purlsoho.com mailing list.
Not a subscriber yet? Join our mailing list.

Unsubscribe | Share this email with a friend!

All original images and text on this newsletter are copyright and the property of Purl Soho and purlsoho.com.
All rights reserved. © 2015 PURL SOHO, LLC.
Purl Soho
459 Broome St., New York, NY 10013

OT: Politics *and* Ravelry!

Lucinda Shastid
 

Knitting Community Bans Millions of Users From Posting Support for Trump - Newsweek


https://apple.news/AGyyBGf7bRl6sbjVF7q3xVA

Re: OT: Politics *and* Ravelry!

CoeDeborah@...
 

Have yet to read the article, but I must say this based on your message: Ravelry has about 8 million members. Millions are not being banned. Only thing banned is outright support for an administration that supports white supremacy. If a user refrains from exhibiting support for hate, she is not banned. In all, very few will be banned...certainly not millions or even thousands... I would be surprised if it rises to hundreds. 


-----Original Message-----
From: Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>
To: HanoverSpinKnit <HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Jun 24, 2019 5:56 pm
Subject: [HanoverSpinKnit] OT: Politics *and* Ravelry!


Knitting Community Bans Millions of Users From Posting Support for Trump - Newsweek





Re: OT: Politics *and* Ravelry!

Angela
 

Isn’t his son in law Jewish?

On Jun 24, 2019, at 5:56 PM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:


Knitting Community Bans Millions of Users From Posting Support for Trump - Newsweek


https://apple.news/AGyyBGf7bRl6sbjVF7q3xVA


Re: OT: Politics *and* Ravelry!

Jane Daniels
 

The headline is deceptive. Ravelry is not banning millions, just ones who publically support white supremacy. 


On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 6:04 PM CoeDeborah via Groups.Io <CoeDeborah=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Have yet to read the article, but I must say this based on your message: Ravelry has about 8 million members. Millions are not being banned. Only thing banned is outright support for an administration that supports white supremacy. If a user refrains from exhibiting support for hate, she is not banned. In all, very few will be banned...certainly not millions or even thousands... I would be surprised if it rises to hundreds. 


-----Original Message-----
From: Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>
To: HanoverSpinKnit <HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Jun 24, 2019 5:56 pm
Subject: [HanoverSpinKnit] OT: Politics *and* Ravelry!


Knitting Community Bans Millions of Users From Posting Support for Trump - Newsweek







--
Jane Daniels
2802 Deer Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!

Free Pattern For Our Little Moons Lace Wrap In Our Newest Yarn!

Teresa Ambrose
 



Begin forwarded message:

From: Purl Soho <customerservice@...>
Subject: Free Pattern For Our Little Moons Lace Wrap In Our Newest Yarn!
Date: June 27, 2019 at 7:17:14 AM EDT
To: Teresa Ambrose <hayslope@...>

Purl Soho
Introducing Beautiful Burnish!

Like the moon making a guest appearance at life’s great parties, our Little Moons Lace Wrap brings a special glow to summer weddings, beach bonfires, and backyard potlucks! We knit up this beauty in our brand new yarn, Burnish. A rayon made from bamboo fiber, Burnish looks and behaves a lot like silk but is more durable, machine washable, and vegan… Very nice and 15% off through Sunday!



15% Off Through Sunday!

The beauty of bamboo-based Burnish is that it manifests the refinement and grace of silk without requiring animal products or precious care! One hundred grams of fingering-weight Burnish yields a generous 339 yards, and you'll need four skeins for our Little Moons Lace Wrap. We’re also casting on for three-season scarves and sweaters and love the willowy drape and super clean stitch definition! 



You Might Also Like...
Botanical Yoke Pullover Pattern Download
Four Points Baby Blanket in Linen Quill Bundle
Gradient Cowl Bundle
Swath Wrap Bundle
Understory
Lantern
You have received this email because you joined the www.purlsoho.com mailing list. 
Not a subscriber yet? Join our mailing list. 

Unsubscribe | Share this email with a friend! 

All original images and text on this newsletter are copyright and the property of Purl Soho and purlsoho.com. 
All rights reserved. © 2015 PURL SOHO, LLC.
Purl Soho
459 Broome St., New York, NY 10013

Kool-Aid Dyeing on Yarn

Lucinda Shastid
 

This should be great for children!  Freeze the Kool-Aid with minimal water and put the cubes on the yarn

http://maiyamayhem.blogspot.com/2011/07/kool-aid-popsicle-dyeing.html

Lucinda

Re: Kool-Aid Dyeing on Yarn

Teresa Ambrose
 

Cool! 

🦋
“History, despite its wrenching pain cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage need not be lived again.” -Maya Angelou

On Jun 29, 2019, at 8:30 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

This should be great for children!  Freeze the Kool-Aid with minimal water and put the cubes on the yarn

http://maiyamayhem.blogspot.com/2011/07/kool-aid-popsicle-dyeing.html

Lucinda

Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit-In - Sat, 07/06/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io Calendar <HanoverSpinKnit@...>
 

Reminder: Spin/Knit-In

When: Saturday, 6 July 2019, 11:00am to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Classroom, Hanover Hilltop Farm

View Event

Description:

We'll meet in the Classroom (third building on the left) at Hilltop Hanover Farm this Saturday, 11:00 to 1:00.  Bring your fibery work, your lunch, your show-and-tell, your questions, ....
See  you then!

Lendrum

Shelley Reid
 

Hey all—

I got a Lendrum folding wheel at a rummage sale; it has only one bobbin. So far the bobbin chatters wayyyy too much for me to enjoy spinning on it, and I’m going down the list of potential fixes. I’ve replaced footman connectors/drive band and brake band, oiled everything, put on new footpads where the old ones had fallen off. I put on a nylon washer in front of the bobbin on the flyer rod. The bobbin itself appears to be knocking from side to side, not front to back.

So my question is: is there a Lendrum upright spinner who’d be willing to bring their wheel to a future meeting soon and may I try a little swapping to experiment? I would absolutely love to try swapping out 1) a bobbin 2) the flyer 3) the whole maiden assembly. If any one of those things is quiet, then I would try buying new; heck, even a complete maiden assembly is pretty cheap if it means the wheel would work well. And even if I end up reselling the wheel, I want it to be in good working condition when passing it on.

Shelley

Poll: Who's still with us? #poll

Shelley Reid
 

Hi all--

Last meeting we talked about the apparent drop-off in attendance, so I thought I'd put a poll out there to gauge continued interest in the group. I'd be grateful if everyone weighed in. Pease select the option that best reflects how you feel about the group.



Thanks,

Shelley

Results

New Poll (short, one answer): Please vote

Shelley Reid
 

Hi all--

I've put a very short poll up here about continued interest in the group. Please stop by and vote. Thank you!

Shelley

Re: New Poll (short, one answer): Please vote

Teresa Ambrose
 

Hi Shelly!
I was not able to vote. I tried but my vote didn’t register. My vote is #2 if that helps.
Teresa


On Jul 13, 2019, at 7:51 AM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

Hi all--

I've put a very short poll up here about continued interest in the group. Please stop by and vote. Thank you!

Shelley

Re: Poll: Who's still with us? #poll

Teresa Ambrose
 

The link from this email worked. Thanks!


On Jul 13, 2019, at 7:45 AM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Hi all--

Last meeting we talked about the apparent drop-off in attendance, so I thought I'd put a poll out there to gauge continued interest in the group. I'd be grateful if everyone weighed in. Pease select the option that best reflects how you feel about the group.



Thanks,

Shelley

1. I have been attending regularly and hope to continue to do so.
2. There is something going on in my life that has kept me from attending, but I hope to be able to resume attending in the near future.
3. I would like to attend, but the Saturday meetings don't work for me. I would come if the Sunday meetings were resumed.
4. I would like to attend, but I don't foresee myself coming any time soon because of other commitments.
5. I am not interested in coming to meetings anymore, but stay in the group to keep up with everyone via the email group.
6. I'm not interested in being part of the group anymore but haven't gone to groups.io to formally leave it.
7. For those who aren't interested anymore: please check here if something specific has changed that has made meetings less enjoyable for you.

Vote Now