Date   
Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit-In - Sat, 07/06/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io Calendar <HanoverSpinKnit@...>
 

Reminder: Spin/Knit-In

When: Saturday, 6 July 2019, 11:00am to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Classroom, Hanover Hilltop Farm

View Event

Description:

We'll meet in the Classroom (third building on the left) at Hilltop Hanover Farm this Saturday, 11:00 to 1:00.  Bring your fibery work, your lunch, your show-and-tell, your questions, ....
See  you then!

Lendrum

Shelley Reid
 

Hey all—

I got a Lendrum folding wheel at a rummage sale; it has only one bobbin. So far the bobbin chatters wayyyy too much for me to enjoy spinning on it, and I’m going down the list of potential fixes. I’ve replaced footman connectors/drive band and brake band, oiled everything, put on new footpads where the old ones had fallen off. I put on a nylon washer in front of the bobbin on the flyer rod. The bobbin itself appears to be knocking from side to side, not front to back.

So my question is: is there a Lendrum upright spinner who’d be willing to bring their wheel to a future meeting soon and may I try a little swapping to experiment? I would absolutely love to try swapping out 1) a bobbin 2) the flyer 3) the whole maiden assembly. If any one of those things is quiet, then I would try buying new; heck, even a complete maiden assembly is pretty cheap if it means the wheel would work well. And even if I end up reselling the wheel, I want it to be in good working condition when passing it on.

Shelley

Poll: Who's still with us? #poll

Shelley Reid
 

Hi all--

Last meeting we talked about the apparent drop-off in attendance, so I thought I'd put a poll out there to gauge continued interest in the group. I'd be grateful if everyone weighed in. Pease select the option that best reflects how you feel about the group.



Thanks,

Shelley

Results

New Poll (short, one answer): Please vote

Shelley Reid
 

Hi all--

I've put a very short poll up here about continued interest in the group. Please stop by and vote. Thank you!

Shelley

Re: New Poll (short, one answer): Please vote

Teresa Ambrose
 

Hi Shelly!
I was not able to vote. I tried but my vote didn’t register. My vote is #2 if that helps.
Teresa


On Jul 13, 2019, at 7:51 AM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

Hi all--

I've put a very short poll up here about continued interest in the group. Please stop by and vote. Thank you!

Shelley

Re: Poll: Who's still with us? #poll

Teresa Ambrose
 

The link from this email worked. Thanks!


On Jul 13, 2019, at 7:45 AM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Hi all--

Last meeting we talked about the apparent drop-off in attendance, so I thought I'd put a poll out there to gauge continued interest in the group. I'd be grateful if everyone weighed in. Pease select the option that best reflects how you feel about the group.



Thanks,

Shelley

1. I have been attending regularly and hope to continue to do so.
2. There is something going on in my life that has kept me from attending, but I hope to be able to resume attending in the near future.
3. I would like to attend, but the Saturday meetings don't work for me. I would come if the Sunday meetings were resumed.
4. I would like to attend, but I don't foresee myself coming any time soon because of other commitments.
5. I am not interested in coming to meetings anymore, but stay in the group to keep up with everyone via the email group.
6. I'm not interested in being part of the group anymore but haven't gone to groups.io to formally leave it.
7. For those who aren't interested anymore: please check here if something specific has changed that has made meetings less enjoyable for you.

Vote Now

Re: New Poll (short, one answer): Please vote

Brenda Dietrich
 

i was unable to use the poll to vote.  I have moved to Ithaca and am unable to attend meetings


On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 7:51 AM Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all--

I've put a very short poll up here about continued interest in the group. Please stop by and vote. Thank you!

Shelley

Re: New Poll (short, one answer): Please vote

Anne Abramtsev
 

my vote did not register either, but my choice is #2.  annie

On Saturday, July 13, 2019, 10:14:44 AM EDT, Brenda Dietrich <brendaldietrich@...> wrote:


i was unable to use the poll to vote.  I have moved to Ithaca and am unable to attend meetings

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 7:51 AM Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all--

I've put a very short poll up here about continued interest in the group. Please stop by and vote. Thank you!

Shelley

Re: Polli: Who's still with us? #poll

Pat O’Rourke
 

i am only an occasional attendee...Saturday’s if I am not scheduled for the local food bank work.  I love the emails and coming when I can....am happy to pay the dues.  It is a great group

Three ply

Teresa Ambrose
 

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. It is beautiful here in Maine! Not too hot and always a nice breeze. 

I am working on 2lbs of fleece I bought at CT sheep and wool that was so old it was a bit felted but I got through the carding process finally! When you are doing a 3 ply yarn and run out of singles on one or more of the bobbins what do you do? I am tempted to put all three back on the wheel and fill them up just joining where the plying left off and filling the bobbins. I have done 3 ply before but can’t remember what I did! What do you all do? 

I miss you all and hope you are having a nice summer.

Love
Teresa

Re: Three ply

Lucinda Shastid
 

Yes, I've done what you suggested.  If you have more fiber to spin, I think it's the best way.

When I run completely out of fiber from one bobbin, I Andean-wrap (whatever it's called - make a two-ply bracelet of the remaining yarn) the larger amount and do a 3-ply from it and the smaller bobbin.  When I only have one bobbin left, I chain-ply it.  Alternatively, I can chain-ply the second bobbin and then continue the chain-ply with the third bobbin, but the chain-ply is slightly different (the "knot" from where the chain happens) so I prefer to do a true three-ply whenever possible.

Lucinda

On 7/13/2019 7:19 PM, Teresa Ambrose via Groups.Io wrote:
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. It is beautiful here in Maine! Not too hot and always a nice breeze. 

I am working on 2lbs of fleece I bought at CT sheep and wool that was so old it was a bit felted but I got through the carding process finally! When you are doing a 3 ply yarn and run out of singles on one or more of the bobbins what do you do? I am tempted to put all three back on the wheel and fill them up just joining where the plying left off and filling the bobbins. I have done 3 ply before but can’t remember what I did! What do you all do? 

I miss you all and hope you are having a nice summer.

Love
Teresa

Re: Poll: Who's still with us? #poll

 

I miss this group so much but I’ve moved to St Louis. 

Re: Poll: Who's still with us? #poll

Catherine C.
 

 I voted #2. and just want to add: I appreciate the meeting re-caps;  I pretty-much always make a point of reading them, whether I attended the meeting or not.

Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm - Sat, 07/20/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io Calendar <HanoverSpinKnit@...>
 

Reminder: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm

When: Saturday, 20 July 2019, 11:00am to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Classroom Building, Hilltop Hanover Farm

View Event

Description: We'll meet in the Classroom, the third building on the left, at Hilltop Hanover Farm this Saturday, 11:00 to 1:00.  Bring your fibery work, your lunch, your show-and-tell, your questions, ….

See you then!

Re: Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm - Sat, 07/20/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

Shelley Reid
 

Jane—Are you “ambassador” for this one? I just realized I have a conflict this weekend and can’t come. 

Shelley







On Jul 17, 2019, at 11:00 AM, HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io Calendar <HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm

When: Saturday, 20 July 2019, 11:00am to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Classroom Building, Hilltop Hanover Farm

View Event

Description: We'll meet in the Classroom, the third building on the left, at Hilltop Hanover Farm this Saturday, 11:00 to 1:00.  Bring your fibery work, your lunch, your show-and-tell, your questions, ….

See you then!


Re: Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm - Sat, 07/20/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

 

Sorry to miss this. I’ll be away this weekend. 

Susan

Susan Ryhanen

with big thumbs on a tiny keyboard.

On Jul 17, 2019, at 11:00 AM, HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io Calendar <HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm

When: Saturday, 20 July 2019, 11:00am to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Classroom Building, Hilltop Hanover Farm

View Event

Description: We'll meet in the Classroom, the third building on the left, at Hilltop Hanover Farm this Saturday, 11:00 to 1:00.  Bring your fibery work, your lunch, your show-and-tell, your questions, ….

See you then!

Re: Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm - Sat, 07/20/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

Joan Conca
 

Amazingly,  I can make it this Saturday!!!!
See you there.
Joan



Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.

-------- Original message --------
From: "HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io Calendar" <HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io>
Date: 7/17/19 11:00 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io
Subject: [HanoverSpinKnit] Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm - Sat, 07/20/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

Reminder: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm

When: Saturday, 20 July 2019, 11:00am to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Classroom Building, Hilltop Hanover Farm

View Event

Description: We'll meet in the Classroom, the third building on the left, at Hilltop Hanover Farm this Saturday, 11:00 to 1:00.  Bring your fibery work, your lunch, your show-and-tell, your questions, ….

See you then!

Re: Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm - Sat, 07/20/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

Jane Daniels
 

I will be there. 

Jane

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 11:00 AM HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io Calendar <HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm

When: Saturday, 20 July 2019, 11:00am to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Classroom Building, Hilltop Hanover Farm

View Event

Description: We'll meet in the Classroom, the third building on the left, at Hilltop Hanover Farm this Saturday, 11:00 to 1:00.  Bring your fibery work, your lunch, your show-and-tell, your questions, ….

See you then!



--
Jane Daniels
2802 Deer Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!

Re: Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm - Sat, 07/20/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

Carol Fessler
 

Can’t make it-family vacation week.

Carol

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 4:47 PM Jane Daniels <jdhikes@...> wrote:
I will be there. 

Jane

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 11:00 AM HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io Calendar <HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm

When: Saturday, 20 July 2019, 11:00am to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Classroom Building, Hilltop Hanover Farm

View Event

Description: We'll meet in the Classroom, the third building on the left, at Hilltop Hanover Farm this Saturday, 11:00 to 1:00.  Bring your fibery work, your lunch, your show-and-tell, your questions, ….

See you then!



--
Jane Daniels
2802 Deer Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!

Re: Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm - Sat, 07/20/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

Pat O’Rourke
 

I am hoping to come.  Pat


On Jul 17, 2019, at 12:15 PM, Joan Conca <joanconca@...> wrote:

Amazingly,  I can make it this Saturday!!!!
See you there.
Joan



Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/17/19 11:00 AM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: [HanoverSpinKnit] Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm - Sat, 07/20/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

Reminder: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm

When: Saturday, 20 July 2019, 11:00am to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Classroom Building, Hilltop Hanover Farm

View Event

Description: We'll meet in the Classroom, the third building on the left, at Hilltop Hanover Farm this Saturday, 11:00 to 1:00.  Bring your fibery work, your lunch, your show-and-tell, your questions, ….

See you then!