Re: Group email policy

Teresa Ambrose

Thanks Shelly. 

🦋
“History, despite its wrenching pain cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage need not be lived again.” -Maya Angelou

On Oct 27, 2019, at 6:33 PM, Joan Conca <joanconca@...> wrote:

Thanks Shelly! A review of our group policy on emails is always helpful.
Joan 😊

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/27/19 6:27 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io
Subject: [HanoverSpinKnit] Group email policy

To refresh everyone’s memories, here is the relevant part of theemail that sums up the group policy on emails to the group (now isn’t that a circular statement):

So, the poll on email preferences was out for a couple of weeks, and the solid majority voted for no change. Please just include either “OT - political” or “Warning - political” in the subject line of posts that fall into that category. And please continue to keep the subject lines descriptive; no “Isn’t this cool?” or “I didn’t know this!”, but rather or “Article: Llama spit cures the common cold” or “Gorgeous new pattern for elbow warmers.”

The post is #6341 if anyone wants to refer to it or read the discussion leading up to the vote.

To keep things in perspective, here is a breakdown of the posts in the year leading up to that vote—I don’t have the time to track this past year, but it’s probably similar. “Political” posts were roughly 5% of the total. Group rules specify that they have to be clearly marked in the subject line, which enables everyone to delete them without even opening, should they so choose.

Shelley

Join HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.