I’ve been away the past couple of months so I’m just playing catch up.  I’d love to go.  I can demo drop spindle if needed.
See you all soon
MJ

On Aug 21, 2019, at 7:52 AM, Joan Conca <joanconca@...> wrote:

Hi Gals!

The fair is in September 7th, right?
If that's the date, I'm free and would love to join the group spinning at the fair.
Should be great fun!
Joan 😊❤

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Teresa Ambrose via Groups.Io" <hayslope@...>
Date: 8/19/19 8:45 AM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: [HanoverSpinKnit] Spinning at the Grange this year.

Hello Dollies,

I sent this email out a week ago and not a peep. I think I must have sent it to the wrong email address because surely someone would have answered! So I am resending it making sure it is going out to the proper email address.

Let me know what you think.

Hi Spinners!

I have been contacted by Rudy Spadaro, (a neighbor who has been involved in the Grange fair since he was young). Rudy coordinates the tractor parade and displays his tractors and now he is on the board. When Rudy was a boy he lived with Silvia Thorne a longtime Croton Heights resident and avid spinner and weaver. He helped Silvia transport her wheel and etc. to the fair every year where she would spin in the Grange building. Rudy was the one who asked me to bring our spinners to the Grange and was very upset that we weren’t returning although he understood.

At the last Grange meeting Rudy asked that we be asked to return and given better accommodations. The Grange committee agreed and want us to spin in the main Grange building near where the knitting is displayed which is where Silvia Thorne and her group spun. There is better parking there and easy access for bringing in wheels. Also if it rains there will be no wash outs and since it’s a building with a floor instead of a tent with grass it will be much more comfortable.

As tempted as I am to come back for this I am in Maine and won’t be home until November.

Is there any interest in this? I know we reached new members this way and I for one had fun teaching people to use drop spindles though teaching is not mandatory. They want us there to demonstrate spinning.

Maybe someone can create a poll?

Let me know if anyone is interested in Spinning at the Grange this year.

With you in spirit,
Teresa