Re: Spinning at the Grange this year.

Jane Daniels

Unfortunately I am busy that weekend.

Jane

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 4:36 PM Anne Abramtsev via Groups.Io <stardeer01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
i can come on saturday.  annie a.

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 04:27:20 PM EDT, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

I'm with Carol - I'll happily come to demonstrate spinning with an e-spinner.  Shelley, will you be able to bring your EE Nano?

So far, I'm wide open that weekend.

Lucinda

On 8/19/2019 6:31 PM, Carol Fessler wrote:
If I’m around I would be glad to do it but I agree wholeheartedly with Shelley.  Maybe we can get a group of 3-6 spinners to come for one 3 hour stretch of time one day only.  It can go on the fair schedule as a discrete, not ongoing, event.

It’s really nice that they want us back and want to accommodate us.

Carol

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 5:46 PM Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
The Grange Fair is not far from downtown Yorktown Heights, and the dates are the weekend following Labor Day.

My remaining concern is that last time we did spin there, Grange folk were disappointed we did not cover a larger span of time (one afternoon instead of two, a couple of hours instead of a longer part of the day). Essentially we had 5 or 6 people total spinning, and we all wanted to be together for a couple of hours the one afternoon. Breaking it up into shifts to cover both days for more than a couple of hours would leave spinners either alone or in groups of maybe 2. That can get a little lonely, and I wouldn’t want to leave my wheel unguarded (small children, tiny fingers)  if I wanted to get food, use the restroom etc.

Shelley

On Aug 19, 2019, at 5:32 PM, Charlene Feliciano <charlene.r.feliciano@...> wrote:

Hi Teresa, I might be interested but I have a couple of questions, where and will this take place?

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 8:45 AM Teresa Ambrose via Groups.Io <hayslope=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Dollies,

I sent this email out a week ago and not a peep. I think I must have sent it to the wrong email address because surely someone would have answered! So I am resending it making sure it is going out to the proper email address.

Let me know what you think.

Hi Spinners!

I have been contacted by Rudy Spadaro, (a neighbor who has been involved in the Grange fair since he was young). Rudy coordinates the tractor parade and displays his tractors and now he is on the board. When Rudy was a boy he lived with Silvia Thorne a longtime Croton Heights resident and avid spinner and weaver. He helped Silvia transport her wheel and etc. to the fair every year where she would spin in the Grange building. Rudy was the one who asked me to bring our spinners to the Grange and was very upset that we weren’t returning although he understood.

At the last Grange meeting Rudy asked that we be asked to return and given better accommodations. The Grange committee agreed and want us to spin in the main Grange building near where the knitting is displayed which is where Silvia Thorne and her group spun. There is better parking there and easy access for bringing in wheels. Also if it rains there will be no wash outs and since it’s a building with a floor instead of a tent with grass it will be much more comfortable.

As tempted as I am to come back for this I am in Maine and won’t be home until November.

Is there any interest in this? I know we reached new members this way and I for one had fun teaching people to use drop spindles though teaching is not mandatory. They want us there to demonstrate spinning.

Maybe someone can create a poll?

Let me know if anyone is interested in Spinning at the Grange this year.

With you in spirit,
Teresa

--
Charlene Vargas