Re: Three ply

Lucinda Shastid

Yes, I've done what you suggested.  If you have more fiber to spin, I think it's the best way.

When I run completely out of fiber from one bobbin, I Andean-wrap (whatever it's called - make a two-ply bracelet of the remaining yarn) the larger amount and do a 3-ply from it and the smaller bobbin.  When I only have one bobbin left, I chain-ply it.  Alternatively, I can chain-ply the second bobbin and then continue the chain-ply with the third bobbin, but the chain-ply is slightly different (the "knot" from where the chain happens) so I prefer to do a true three-ply whenever possible.

Lucinda

On 7/13/2019 7:19 PM, Teresa Ambrose via Groups.Io wrote:
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. It is beautiful here in Maine! Not too hot and always a nice breeze.

I am working on 2lbs of fleece I bought at CT sheep and wool that was so old it was a bit felted but I got through the carding process finally! When you are doing a 3 ply yarn and run out of singles on one or more of the bobbins what do you do? I am tempted to put all three back on the wheel and fill them up just joining where the plying left off and filling the bobbins. I have done 3 ply before but can’t remember what I did! What do you all do?

I miss you all and hope you are having a nice summer.

Love
Teresa