Re: June 15 , 2019 Spin Class

Jane Daniels

Wilma,

We have had beginners come and get better. As Teresa pointed out she has taught a couple of people how to spin on a drop spindle and I have helped people with knitting. Yes we are experienced but some of us do enjoy helping others learn. If you want to reconnect with knitting, please come. If it is a meeting I am coming to, I would be happy to reacquaint you with knitting. 

Jane 

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM Wilma <eaglewarrior@...> wrote:
Hi Shelley

Thanks for sharing.  If ithis group is  designed for people that are already knitting and crocheting., and  working on projects, then I guess this is not the group for me.   I will Look into Armonk’s group and see what they are all about. 

I will let Lucinda know that I will not be joining.

Wilma

On Jun 16, 2019, at 4:38 PM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

I just want to emphasize that our group is primarily knitters, crocheters and spinners who meet to socialize, rather than a class. If someone comes to our meetings with a project underway, we are happy to offer advice or a little help, but we don’t have a structured project prepared for someone to learn to knit.

I’m not familiar with Armonk’s resources, but I have seen knitting classes offered by our local town recreation programs and continuing-ed programs, so maybe the Armonk recreation program or continuing ed. offers knitting classes as well.

Shelley

On Jun 15, 2019, at 8:57 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

We have a new member, Wilma, who will come to our next meeting (not today's).  See her message below.

Can anyone suggest to her what needles and materials she should buy to learn how to knit?

Also, she lives in Armonk - are there knitting groups there that welcome beginners?

Lucinda

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:June 15 , 2019 Spin Class
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 07:07:07 -0400
To: Joe Zygala and Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>

Dear Joe and Lucinda

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend today's class. I am a BC patient. Just got through doing radiation and I am extremely tired today.

Also, I asked about materials I would need to bring with me to do the class, but did not get a response on that.

If , I need to bring materials, I need to know what I need so I come prepared.

My interest in learning how to spin and reconnect with knitting, is for one to get off the treadmill of doctor appointments, treatments and having 
cancer 24/7 on mind. “I want to do something funâ€� and relaxing for me as part of my healing regiment. Two, I like to create projects that I can bring 
back to the Cancer Treatment Center where I am being treated as gifts for other patients going through and even encourage others to join 
something fun and healing.

First Sunday, will not be good for me to attend, as I reconnecting to going back to church. Saturdays will be good.

I pray to join the next Saturday Class.

Thank You . Have a great weekend.

Wilma

--
Jane Daniels
2802 Deer Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!

Join HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.