Re: Today's Meeting

Lucinda Shastid

No - we were discussing the fact that "the younger generation" is not interested in "things."  One of our neighbors is selling their house, and the realtor told me that couples in their 30s (?) don't want the upkeep of a house.  (I asked her how they got any customers at all, and she didn't have an answer.)  But children/nieces & nephews just don't want fancy furniture, good china, etc.

But that's far in the future.  Though today we did discuss that, just as you should arrange for someone to take care of your parrot or tortoise after your death, maybe we should also arrange for someone to take care of our UFOs.

But I'm not planning to die, either <grin>.

On 6/15/2019 5:50 PM, Angela via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Lucinda.
Hope all is well.your last paragraph, are you moving?

Angela

On Jun 15, 2019, at 2:34 PM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

Pat had her two-strand knitted throw with cables.

She also brought a friend, Deborah, who was knitting a tunic  - plain stockinette with a wide lace border at the hem and at the bottom of the 3/4 sleeves.  (No, she's not that far along yet - she told us.)  Size 2 needles!

Susan is taking a break from the never-ending sweater: a cap of light grey wool from their sheep.

Lucinda continued to knit on her Bohus sweater which required concentration.

Note that all four of us were knitting and on circular needles - I don't think we've ever had that high a proportion of knitters.

Helen was there as well, now as a friend rather than a "monitor" and she was working on the still-more-never-ending-than-Susan's-sweater needlepoint Christmas stocking.

Conversation, of course, ranged widely: will anyone want to inherit our furniture/linens/never-ending-projects?  knitting; medicine; children and husbands, to mention only a few.