Re: Upcoming Event: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm - Sat, 05/18/2019 11:00am-1:00pm #cal-reminder

Teresa Ambrose

I love my ChioGoo or however it’s spelled. I have the interchangeable set. I find other cables curl and I am fighting with them when I use them.

🦋
What we
think
we become.
Buddha

On May 17, 2019, at 8:25 AM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...> wrote:

I’ll write myself a note to bring in a few samples.

Shelley
On May 17, 2019, at 7:59 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

Aha!  Thanks for the <muttered> warning.  So I want a size 1, probably.

I's swatching with a 16" needle but will need a 24" for the body.

Would you be able to bring size 0 or 1 or 2 in whatever you have?

(I'm doing a circular swatch by knitting over, sliding the stitches back to the beginning of the swatch and letting the yarn drape loosely behind the swatch.  This gives me knit-only on a small swatch.

On 5/17/2019 7:25 AM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Lucinda—

Keep in mind that some brands (cough<Knitpicks>cough) have higher tolerance in their sizes—meaning that one size six needle might not be the exact same diameter as another size six.

I’ve never stressed about needle sizes, because the gauge you get with the project yarn determines the outcome.

I’ve got Knitpicks and Hiya Hiya interchangeables, but now prefer Chiaogoo fixed circulars (red lace) because of the join and the cable.  Handsome Fibers has good service and super-fast shipping, and they typically have a percent-off discount under Coupons.

Shelley

On May 16, 2019, at 6:25 PM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

On Saturday, I'm going to need advice on circular needles to buy.  Does anyone have a needle gauge that is precise?  Mine is an old metal Boye(?), and my Knitpicks needle points are too large for one size and too small for the next one.

Also, I'll be asking for suggestions on what brand to get.

Thanks in advance,

Lucinda

On 5/15/2019 11:00 AM, HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io Calendar wrote:

Reminder: Spin/Knit at Hilltop Hanover Farm

When: Saturday, 18 May 2019, 11:00am to 1:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Classroom Building, Hilltop Hanover Farm

View Event

Description: We'll meet in the Classroom, the third building on the left, at Hilltop Hanover Farm this Saturday, 11:00 to 1:00.  Bring your fibery work, your lunch, your show-and-tell, your questions, ….

See you then!