Re: row counter

Teresa Ambrose

That was me who suggested the fishing line counter. Glad it works for you! I find it isn’t exact but close enough.

🦋
What we
think
we become.
Buddha

On Jan 1, 2019, at 1:22 PM, Anne Abramtsev via Groups.Io <stardeer01@...> wrote:

i purchased the same set.  works good especially if you have more than one project going at one time.  took an old suggestion of theresa's (i think) and bought a fishing line counter.  works pretty well with yarn, too.

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 9:15:14 AM EST, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

Thanks, Annie.  I thought I'd get personal referrals, before going to Amazon.  But I did find something that looks like what I want.  (I also found a book on the Counter-reformation in Medieval Europe, but that won't help me.)

I ordered the set of 5 that go on the finger or can be laid flat on a table. https://www.amazon.com/Cosmos®-Resettable-Electronic-Finger-Counter/dp/B00M1B45TS/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1546350205&sr=8-21&keywords=row+counter.  I plan to place it on the loom and touch it after each treadle repeat (= 8 rows of weaving).  The narrow stripes are 24 rows (= count up to three) and the wide stripes are 120 rows (too many to count by hand).  I like the fact that I only need to use one hand to change the count - the other hand can stay where it is, holding the shuttle.

I know that some people like multiple counters for multiple projects - I want more than one, because I'm expecting it to break!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Lucinda

On 1/1/2019 7:38 AM, Anne Abramtsev via Groups.Io wrote:
have you looked on amazon.com?

On Monday, December 31, 2018, 8:27:58 PM EST, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a row counter that I can put on a surface (table) and just hit with my fist, rather than having to locate the button and press it.

Does anyone know of such a thing?

Lucinda

(Look! it's not an off-topic post!)