OT - Protecting Your Privacy

Lucinda Shastid

from the WaPo today,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/12/30/fake-porn-videos-are-being-weaponized-harass-humiliate-women-everybody-is-potential-target/

Basically, people can put their victims' faces onto porn videos.  Here's what caught my eye:

"But recent breakthroughs in machine-learning technology, employed by creators racing to refine and perfect their fakes, have made fake-video creation more accessible than ever. All that’s needed to make a persuasive mimicry within a matter of hours is a computer and a robust collection of photos, such as those posted by the millions onto social media every day."

For me, that's one more reason to stay off social media.  (I hope that Ravelry will never become like Facebook.)