Re: Political, but important

Teresa Ambrose

Hi Lucinda!

I have been working this crazy estate sale for a friend. So busy. I got your call yesterday but was at the sale so couldn’t pick up. I miss you and everyone at our Spin In but have been doing so many other things that I never seem to find the time to knit or spin or attend meetings. I love getting your recaps though. I will call you as soon as we are done with this insane sale!

Love You

On Apr 27, 2018, at 7:42 PM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

Good to hear from you, T. I agree completely.

What have you been up to lately? How's Cricket? We're getting Shadow in mid-late June so we'll have 3 Paps for a while, but it will be worth it.

Looking forward to talking to you,

Lucinda

Teresa Ambrose wrote:
I’m glad this all is being looked at. Women as lesser beings has been the norm for so long and is so pervasive that we don’t even see it. Like the coach in the movie who calls the softball team a bunch of girls as an insult. Raise better men. On Apr 27, 2018, at 9:47 AM, Jane Daniels <jdhikes@... <mailto:jdhikes@...>> wrote:
Thanks for posting that article; I had seen it and yes it is disturbing that some men have those attitudes. Teaching boys to respect women would go a long way. For those of us who grew up in the 50's and 60s, we have seen changes but not enough.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 7:06 AM, Angela via Groups.Io <butterfly1155=aol.com@groups.io <mailto:butterfly1155=aol.com@groups.io>> wrote:

That is a very disturbing article. My husband is working for a
Toronto based company now. He was 15 minutes from that devastating
incident.
I’ll see you in the sand.

Angela Wagner

<jzygala@... <mailto:jzygala@...>> wrote:

> https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/opinion/when-misogynists-become-terrorists.html
<https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/opinion/when-misogynists-become-terrorists.html>

> Some men believe that they have a right to sex with women and are
angry enough when they don't receive it, that they will try to
rape or kill women. Including the recent Toronto terrorist.

> I didn't even know people like this existed and I would love bury
my head in the sand again, but it's important to know what's truly
happening.

(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@... <mailto:jdhikes@...>