Re: Political, but important

Teresa Ambrose

I’m glad this all is being looked at. Women as lesser beings has been the norm for so long and is so pervasive that we don’t even see it. Like the coach in the movie who calls the softball team a bunch of girls as an insult. Raise better men. 

On Apr 27, 2018, at 9:47 AM, Jane Daniels <jdhikes@...> wrote:

Thanks for posting that article; I had seen it and yes it is disturbing that some men have those attitudes. Teaching boys to respect women would go a long way. For those of us who grew up in the 50's and 60s, we have seen changes but not enough.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 7:06 AM, Angela via Groups.Io <butterfly1155@...> wrote:
That is a very disturbing article. My husband is working for a Toronto based company now. He was 15 minutes from that devastating incident.
I’ll see you in the sand.

Angela Wagner

> On Apr 27, 2018, at 8:59 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/opinion/when-misogynists-become-terrorists.html
>
> Some men believe that they have a right to sex with women and are angry enough when they don't receive it, that they will try to rape or kill women.  Including the recent Toronto terrorist.
>
> I didn't even know people like this existed and I would love bury my head in the sand again, but it's important to know what's truly happening.
>
> Lucinda
>
>
>

--
Jane Daniels
2802 Deer Street
Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!

Join HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.