TONIGHT!!! October EAS Virtual Meeting - Thursday, October 21st at 7:00 pm

Amy Baker

TONIGHT! DON'T FORGET!

This month, we have Jeff Phillips giving a fascinating talk on planetary imaging.

Planetary Imaging: Using a Planetary Camera

High speed CMOS cameras have revolutionized planetary imaging. When I got into astronomy 30 years ago the best ground based photos of the planets were vague and featureless, even when taken with professional telescopes like the 60 in telescope at Mt. Wilson. Today amateurs routinely outshine these professional photos with 8 inch backyard telescopes.

I want to share a few of my pictures and talk about how you can learn to take great pictures from your own backyard.

 - Jeff Phillips

[As a teaser, that's a NASA APOD on the left, taken by Damien Peach with the 1 meter Chilescope, and Jeff's backyard image on the right]

Make sure you don't miss it! Join us by clicking on the link below tonight!

Topic: October 2021 EAS Virtual Meeting
Time: Oct 21, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 897 8089 3327
Passcode: 800395
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,89780893327#,,,,*800395# US (Houston)
+14086380968,,89780893327#,,,,*800395# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 897 8089 3327
Passcode: 800395
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdbOk7KwZH

Amy Baker

Here are the links Jeff Phillips mentioned in his talk tonight.

We had a great turnout, but if you had to miss it the video should be available after the weekend.

 - Amy

Resource Page-

Here are links to some talks and tutorials by people who world class experts on planetary imaging:

WAS March 2021 Monthly Meeting / Damian Peach – High Resolution Astrophotography

Christopher Go Imaging Essentials Three Part Series | Telescopes.net | Telescopes

Darryl Milika image processing tutorials:

Thierry Legault - The collimation

             http://www.astrophoto.fr/collim.html

FireCapture | Planetary Image Capture

             http://www.firecapture.de/

AutoStakkert! – AS! Stacking Software – Lucky Imaging with an Edge – Emil Kraaikamp

             https://www.autostakkert.com/

RegiStax- Free image processing software

             https://www.astronomie.be/registax/