TONIGHT! August EAS Virtual Meeting - Thursday, August 19th at 7:00 pm

Amy Baker

Don't forget, the EAS meeting is tonight!

This month we have our own Jerry Oltion giving a presentation on the travel telescope that he just finished building. He will also show the correct way to collimate a telescope.

In his own words:

/The travel scope is a marvel of engineering. I stole the design from Roel Weijenberg, a Dutch telescope maker, and made some modifications of my own. It's a 9.5" f/4.1 scope, yet it fits into a box only 12.5" on a side and 6" high. It weighs 20 pounds fully packed, including four eyepieces. I'll talk about the design, setup, and use of the scope, and the many compromises that go with trying to make a big scope fit into a little package./
/Every time you assemble a telescope in the field, you have to collimate it. Collimation is pretty simple, but it's kind of scary until you get the hang of it. I'll use the travel scope to show you how it works and how to do it easily./

The meeting starts at 7:00 this Thursday night, and it won't just be PowerPoint slides. You'll get to see Jerry working in real time.

I'll see you there, and don't be late!

- Amy
Topic: August 2021 EAS Virtual Meeting
Time: Aug 19, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
*Join Zoom Meeting*
*https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87995146708?pwd=RDBEcE5nV2VoMWRtS08rNk5FOTA3Zz09*

Meeting ID: 879 9514 6708
Passcode: 406042
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,87995146708#,,,,*406042# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,87995146708#,,,,*406042# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)