International Dark Sky Association Call For Images

Amy Baker

In case you're interested.

IDA is a legitimate organization, requesting images for their 2022 Oregon calendar. Details below.

Thank you for making our 2021 inaugural dark sky calendar such a success!

We are excited to announce the upcoming 2022 Oregon-focused dark sky calendar.  This calendar will feature night sky views over Oregon landscapes. The calendar will be spiral bound, 8.5 x 11 and printed in high quality on heavy card stock.

Do you have photographs or paintings of the night sky over an Oregon landscape to contribute to the calendar? Want to get some recognition and a free calendar if your image is chosen?  See below.  We'll send a separate email later with information on how to order calendars.

Want to submit an image for consideration in the Calendar?

1) Email your images in JPG format, in a low-resolution file (size less than a few MB) to idaoregon@.... We will request a high resolution version of the image and descriptive text to be printed in the calendar if selected.

2) Set image proportions to 9" x 12" (so that it can be trimmed to prints on 8.5" x 11" size paper, with ink all the way to the edge).

3) Submit as many images as you wish.

4) Deadline to submit your images is the end of Sunday, October 3rd.

We plan to print the calendars by early November and to distribute them soon after.

Join HVAAstronomy@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.