IC 63 Ghost Nebula illuminated by Gamma Cas

Andy Nowlen

I thought I would share a recent Astro image of mine.

Enjoy,

Andy Nowlen

Officially known as IC 63, this nebula is located 550 light-years away in the constellation Cassiopeia the Queen. Captured over 2 nights, Aug 30, 31, 2021. Exposures included 180, 240, and 300 seconds subframes and yielded about 11 hours of integration. I found that trying to control the brightness of the illuminary was pretty difficult, for my level of post-processing skill. I tamed it a bit, but wonder if I could do better.

Asi533mc pro (x2)
ES ED 102mm @ 714mm
Ioptron CEM 40 mount
Lenhance filter