Topics

Off topic: Helix Humper

david h

Can anyone in group tell me if this company is still around? I know they were purchased by Alliance Locomotive but I can find no proof they still exist. I would like to buy some motor replacements for Athearn Blue Box and RTR units.

Thanks,
Davis Harding

Mark Hintz

AFAIK, it was Allentown Locomotive Works (or "ALCo") that produced the Helix Humper. Nice little motors, I wouldn't mind a few more myself!

Alternately, I've used Proto 2000, Genesis, and Kato motors for upgrading my Athearns, at least when I can't get the original fine tuned to my liking! Also, the A-Line Mashima, but I prefer the Sunrise Products (IIRC) motor mounts for those, and they are defunct.

Regards,
-Mark Hintz
Springfield, WI