Topics

WP&Y pilot

Sean

Anybody out there know the PSC number for the HOn3 WP&Y diesel that had the “Switching/yard Pilot” I remember seeing it in the two motors set you could buy when they came out (20years ago+) I bought the single motor but it didn’t come with that additional pilot.
Thx
Sean L McCarthy

On Jul 17, 2019, at 14:09, claneon30 <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:

The Preacher knows…

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Jul 17, 2019, at 10:04 AM, Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:

I was referring to the bouncing K-27 tale. How many here know about that?

Dale B

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 03:59 Mark Kasprowicz <marowicz@...> wrote:
Excellent Dale. Yes I suddenly came out of my age induced stupor and realised what they were. I also suddenly remembered that my good friend Mike Conder had slipped me a set which I had forgotten until now. So all's well that end's well. I wonder though why they left the brakes off, any idea on that one?

Not sure about the wag of the tale but I know about the hair of the dog.... 'Nuff said.

Mark K

Robert Bell

Sean,
I do not believe that PSC ever offered the pilots separately.  I have two of the "trailing" units and need the plow pilot.  I just recently started to scratch-build one.
Several years ago on the whitepassfanlist on yahoo, some of the other guys proposed getting PSC to make a run of the plows and to my knowledge nothing happened.
That being said, are you looking for the plow or the trailing pilot?

Rob Bell
Waynesville, NC

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 5:17 PM, Sean
<Cndrsean@...> wrote:

Anybody out there know the PSC number for the HOn3 WP&Y diesel that had the “Switching/yard Pilot” I remember seeing it in the two motors set you could buy when they came out (20years ago+) I bought the single motor but it didn’t come with that additional pilot.
Thx
Sean L McCarthy

Sean

Rob,
     I wasn’t aware it was called the trailing pilot, makes sense. I emailed PSC earlier this week and they weren’t aware of it either. Said they’d just taken over the business, if I had a product number they might be able to help. I’d like to hold on to the one I have but if you’re interested in parting with one I’d be interested. Thank you for the response.
Sean

<Cndrsean@...> wrote:

Anybody out there know the PSC number for the HOn3 WP&Y diesel that had the “Switching/yard Pilot” I remember seeing it in the two motors set you could buy when they came out (20years ago+) I bought the single motor but it didn’t come with that additional pilot.
Thx
Sean L McCarthy

Robert Bell

Well, at least you heard back from PSC.  I sent an email on March 14th, and never heard a word back.  The locos were produced in 1992.  I wouldn't , kind getting rid of one or both of the trailing pilots, ONCE I have replacement plows - either PSC or scratch built.  But I cannot use them on my layout without them.

Are you on the whitepassfanlist yahoo group?

Rob

Sean

No I wasn’t aware of one on yahoo? I’ve never been there, I’m a big fan. Me and a buddy of mine made a trip to El Centro (US Gypsum Raiway)last year to look at the two motors that never made up there. Neat operation. If at all possible could you send pictures of the trailing plow? Maybe something I can fabricate. The yahoo group too if you don’t mind?
Thx Sean

On Jul 20, 2019, at 05:09, Robert Bell via Groups.Io <ionhoss@...> wrote:

Well, at least you heard back from PSC.  I sent an email on March 14th, and never heard a word back.  The locos were produced in 1992.  I wouldn't , kind getting rid of one or both of the trailing pilots, ONCE I have replacement plows - either PSC or scratch built.  But I cannot use them on my layout without them.

Are you on the whitepassfanlist yahoo group?

Rob

Robert Bell

The body isn't sitting quite right in these pictures...ignore that, it has been fixed.

IF you are on Facebook look up my layout on www.facebook.com/WARRNC/

Also check out Mike May's incredible layout recently in the last several Gazettes at https://www.facebook.com/groups/wpyr1983/

And https://www.facebook.com/WhitePassRailfan/ whrich is Borries Burkhardt's page and his web site http://www.whitepassfan.net/

And last but not least the yahoo group:
whitepassfanlist-subscribe@...

Hope to see you on FB and the email group!

Rob