Workbench fun

Scott Baker

Good morning friends!
Before I attach the coal bin to the coaling tower, i needed to mock up structure heights. Planning on the top of the bin being about 6' above the ground (hoist house floor). This height will allow drop bottom gons to have to be pushed up the ramp like the prototype. I still have a lot of work to do on the coal tower, chute, weathering, lots of coal dust, etc., but after moving and tearing down my Silverton, SN, SG&N TOC layout, looking forward to designing and building another layout! Not sure of era this time, maybe late 30's focused on DRGW with a touch of RGS.

I know it is not much, but others work inspires me and keeps me moving, so I thought I would post.
Scott Baker

Russ Norris

Looks pretty good to me, Scott.

Russ

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 10:11 AM Scott Baker <sbake5570@...> wrote:
Good morning friends!
Before I attach the coal bin to the coaling tower, i needed to mock up structure heights. Planning on the top of the bin being about 6' above the ground (hoist house floor). This height will allow drop bottom gons to have to be pushed up the ramp like the prototype. I still have a lot of work to do on the coal tower, chute, weathering, lots of coal dust, etc., but after moving and tearing down my Silverton, SN, SG&N TOC layout, looking forward to designing and building another layout! Not sure of era this time, maybe late 30's focused on DRGW with a touch of RGS.

I know it is not much, but others work inspires me and keeps me moving, so I thought I would post.
Scott Baker

Dave Eggleston

These look fantastic! A really expert foundation for the weathering. If these are any indication, the new layout will be stunning.

Dave Eggleston

On Jan 15, 2022, at 7:11 AM, Scott Baker <sbake5570@hotmail.com>

Scott Baker

Thanks for the kind words guys,
Bummed I threw so much material away, especially with todays lumber prices, but looking forward to a fresh start. Researching the operations and industries around Durango, and when they were in operation, is a lot of fun though.