Topics

What scale?

Brian Kopp

If you're bored at home.....
This photo just showed up on the DRGW list: DRG #166 at Creede (then Jimtown).
If you were to model the loco in HOn3, what scale would you model the object on the pilot deck in?
I think this is a trick question but I'll ask anyway =).
--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Mark Lewis

Brian:

The scale would be.... HOnTiny.

Mark Lewis
Narrow Gauge modeling in N.C.

Art D3

I'll give it a go.

Based on the picture and given the known size of a full size T-12 and the age of the photograph, the scale would have to be an fractional inch based scale. 1/4" would be way too small, 1" to the foot would given you a model around 57" long a little too big, 1/2" to the foot looks about right.

So that means in HO scale that would be a 1/24 scale model. So that would make the model in HO scale referencing full size a scale of 1:2088! You could certainly 3D print such a model, but major applause if you can squeeze a motor into that little gem!
--
Art Dutra
Meriden, CT

Brian Kopp

Nice work Art! LOL I didn't actually try the math so I'll go with your answer..... =)
--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL