From: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io> on behalf of Mike Chamberlain <mikec6201@...>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 6:11 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io <HOn3@groups.io>
Subject: [HOn3] Westside K27

Recently bought a W S k27 compound Made in the early 70's .  Runs well but a bit noisy , does anyone have any suggestions for a new motor and gear tower ?  The main problem though is the boiler / cab height . Is there any way to lower it to a more prototypical height ? Right now it sits just about as high as my K 37 . I have lowered a W S C 25 so I do know some of what's involved but I don't see a good starting place hear .   Thanks ! Mike

Mike Chamberlain

Thank you Earl that confirms another of my suspicions ......Mike

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 1:52 PM Earl Knoob <earlk489@...> wrote:
Another issue with the boiler of the Westside K-27 compound is that the boiler is about a foot too big in diameter.