Topics

Western Scale Models 20 Stamp Gold Mill

Don Bergman

Folks,

9 months ago I inherited  a Western Scale Models 20-Stamp Gold Mill with Interior, Kit #SE-3 HO Scale. I have been dreaming about building it.   If I was 10 years younger or had a spot on my current layout I would.    So I plan to part with it.    I have seen prices on line $500+.   I am interested in knowing its value from those that follow these things.   Just after a fair price which would be about what?

Raising funds to see #168 this summer.

Don Bergman

kevin b

hello Don, and all.

to answer your question, exactly what that kit is worth is hard to say.
personally, and this is just me talking about myself, I can't see it being worth 500 dollars.
that does not mean it isn't, because the next guy might think it's a bargain at that price.
really, the only way to know what it's worth is put it up for sale and see what it brings.
ebay would likely be the place for it to bring the most, if you're strictly out to get all it'll bring.
'course, they call if "feebay" for a reason, and you'll have to shell out for their cut.
but, a week or whatever after putting in on there, it should be sold.
good luck.
Kevin.

Folks,
9 months ago I inherited a Western Scale Models 20-Stamp Gold Mill with Interior, Kit #SE-3 HO Scale. I have been dreaming about building it. If I was 10 years younger or had a spot on my current layout I would. So I plan to part with it. I have seen prices on line $500+. I am interested in knowing its value from those that follow these things. Just after a fair price which would be about what?
Raising funds to see #168 this summer.
Don Bergman

Bill Lugg

Another approach might be to search eBay's completed auctions for this kit to see what it's sold for in the past.  FWIW, I'd try HoSwap first once you figure out what price you want to assign to it - no fees, and you might just be able to move it quickly.  If it doesn't sell in a few days, repost with the subject containing "price reduced" and mark it down a little to see what you can do with it.

Just my $0.02.
Bill Lugg

On 2/29/20 5:20 AM, kevin b via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

David Laverick

Don,

I had a similar scenario with an O gauge engine and asked for help with pricing it fairly.  As others mention, hard to say, the value of these treasures are best decided by those willing to say and pay. I took the easy way and I am using eBay. ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/324077939479 ) You pay the fees but you also get the largest audience in a short period of time and eBay with all their rules and fees make it easy. I like the idea of HOSwap, I will check that out. Thanks.

Dave

On Feb 29, 2020, at 6:20 AM, kevin b via Groups.Io <arcatruck13@...> wrote:

[...]

Climax@...

Between Ebay and Paypal fees you can expect them to take 10% of what the winner bid is.  I have been selling off my 60 year accumulation of stuff and that's what I found out.  I agree, its the biggest customer base you will find and the highest bidder get it so start off at a price you are willing to accept plus the 10% if you want to get it sold for the amount you want.
Dave Barron  (Mule)