Topics

wanted: original Tsunami1 for Blackstone C19

hiroechan

Gents,

I recently picked up a Bumblebee #345 that had shipped with dcc/sound, but at some point the original owner swapped the decoder out into one of his other C19's, leaving this one dc only. Does anyone have a surplus original Tsunami1 that I could buy off you, to re-equip my #345? (does not need to be a factory #345 decoder.)

Thanks!

--Drew McCann

Jim Spencer

I have a C-class Micro Tsunami, if that is what you are looking for. I will sell if for about $75, what I paid for it, plus postage. Let me know.
jim

Jim Spencer

Whoops, I discovered my Micro Tsunami (TSU 750) is actually a K-Class.  But here is a website that seems to offer the whole suite of TSU-750s:  yankeedabbler.com

I checked and their website shows the D&RGW C-Class TSU 750 part# 678-826016 in stock for $77.95 which includes shipping.

I suspect that Yankee Dabbler bought out the remaining stock of the Sound Trax 1000s and 750s.

Russ Norris

I just replaced the TSU-750 I put in my EBT M-1 gas electric motorcar years ago.  I installed a brand new TSU-1100.  Not only does it run cooler, it takes up half the space.  The sound quality is vastly superior too.  All of which makes me wonder why you would want to replace your TSU-750 with its twin?

Russ

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020, 7:41 PM Jim Spencer <trainmanjs@...> wrote:

Whoops, I discovered my Micro Tsunami (TSU 750) is actually a K-Class.  But here is a website that seems to offer the whole suite of TSU-750s:  yankeedabbler.com

I checked and their website shows the D&RGW C-Class TSU 750 part# 678-826016 in stock for $77.95 which includes shipping.

I suspect that Yankee Dabbler bought out the remaining stock of the Sound Trax 1000s and 750s.

hiroechan

a couple of reasons for choosing the factory Tsunami 1:
-I'm generally not big on sound, so I usually dial it way down to about 55, from the factory default of 192 (I like it to make *some* noise, but not a *big* noise)
-it will hopefully be cheaper

-it will hopefully be a drop-in so I don't have to cut/solder any wires
-the speed table will match my other existing factory-decodered C19's, so I don't have to build a custom one. (this is the primary reason, more than any other.)

--Drew McCann

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 8:40 PM Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
I just replaced the TSU-750 I put in my EBT M-1 gas electric motorcar years ago.  I installed a brand new TSU-1100.  Not only does it run cooler, it takes up half the space.  The sound quality is vastly superior too.  All of which makes me wonder why you would want to replace your TSU-750 with its twin?

Russ

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020, 7:41 PM Jim Spencer <trainmanjs@...> wrote:

Whoops, I discovered my Micro Tsunami (TSU 750) is actually a K-Class.  But here is a website that seems to offer the whole suite of TSU-750s:  yankeedabbler.com

I checked and their website shows the D&RGW C-Class TSU 750 part# 678-826016 in stock for $77.95 which includes shipping.

I suspect that Yankee Dabbler bought out the remaining stock of the Sound Trax 1000s and 750s.

Mark Kasprowicz

Actually there's much more reason to fit a TSU 1100 to a Blackstone K-27 than a C-19. The C-19's souind files are far more superior both in quality and editing than the K-27 which sounds just like the old TSU1 (which of course it is.) So if the much increaded flexibility of the TSU2 is of no conseqence then choosing the original factory board makes sense.

Mark K

Ray

A reason to not pick a TSU1 is that Soundtraxx has stated they are not supporting them any longer

Ray