Topics

Update Train-op

Steve Hatch

Edited

I made a number of improvements  to my Train-op program.
I put the update zipped file here:

www.railwayeng.com/Train-opZ.zip

It will unzip the program on a windows computer not a Mack
A Simple explanation of the program is here:

www.railwayeng.com/trainopReadMe.txt

Steve Hatch

Mike Conder

Steve, I got the zip file but getting an error message on the .txt file.  Can you check that link?
www.railwayeng.com/9030railroad/file/train-opinfo.txt

Mike Conder

Steve Hatch

  My mistake on that file.  I had renamed it and forgot to "mention "that.
Sorry.   Just click on the (now replaced) name and the
file will download.
  That file will also download and unzip with the program. So if you have
that train-op zip file just unzip it and the file will be there.
-Steve

LenTRaley

When extracting the downloaded zip file, my anti-virus program blocks the .exe program citing a threat
from "WS.reputation.1. This did not occur when I downloaded the program a couple of months ago.
Just thought you should know.

Len Raley

Steve Hatch

  Because the program is hand written on my machine at home,
it has no "qualifications title"  which is what your anti-viral software
is looking for.
   Unfortunately that's the extent of their "checking" the software for
bad stuff.- NOT -
  In particular AVG likes to holler about the .exe program when you first
load it.   If you continue, it stops complaining and runs the Train-op.exe
with no problems.  They want money to register it """SCAM SCAM"""
Our modern world.  If the anti-v programs actually checked the prog
there would be NO problem.
-Stephen G. Hatch

LenTRaley

I suspected something like your explanation, but thought you should be aware of the issue in case
others experienced the same issue. Thanks for developing the nice little program.

Len Raley