Tweetsie Time Celebration at ETSU - Registration Instructions

Curtis Brookshire

Here's how to register for the Tweetsie Time Celebration at ETSU. I know this works because it's how I registered.
1. Go to the ETSU website: http://www.etsu/edu
2. Search for the George L. Carter RR Museum
3. On the Carter Museum page click on Events
4. Scroll down and click on the Tweetsie Time Celebration June 4-6 2021
5. Click where it says "Register Here".  It will open a window in survey.monkey that has the registration form. Payment can be made on the day of event or a check sent to Fred Alsop at ETSU
6. Make your hotel reservation if needed. The Hotel Carnegie has a small block of rooms available at a discount.

If you've never seen the ET&WNC layout, it's well worth a visit. If you've been there before, check out what's been done since you've last visited. Hope to see some of you there in June.

Curtis Brookshire
Pine Level NC

Russ Norris

Thanks Curtis.  I can't make the June open house (age and distance) but I am hoping it will be open for the National Convention in September.  I'd love to see the railroad.

Russ

On Tue, May 18, 2021, 3:36 PM Curtis Brookshire via groups.io <curtis.brookshire=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

John G Massura

should be http://www.etsu.edu

2. Search for the George L. Carter RR Museum
3. On the Carter Museum page click on Events
4. Scroll down and click on the Tweetsie Time Celebration June 4-6 2021
5. Click where it says "Register Here".  It will open a window in survey.monkey that has the registration form. Payment can be made on the day of event or a check sent to Fred Alsop at ETSU
6. Make your hotel reservation if needed. The Hotel Carnegie has a small block of rooms available at a discount.

If you've never seen the ET&WNC layout, it's well worth a visit. If you've been there before, check out what's been done since you've last visited. Hope to see some of you there in June.

Curtis Brookshire
Pine Level NC

John G Massura

went to site…

"2021 Big Train Show canceled due to upcoming renovations to the Event Space."

John

On May 19, 2021, at 09:41, John G Massura <jmassura@...> wrote:

went to site…

"2021 Big Train Show canceled due to upcoming renovations to the Event Space.”

I don’t know if this is different than the “Tweetsie Time Celebration” - it’s confusing on the site

[...]

The short version: click on the Tweetsie Time Celebration button to register.

The long version: the Big Train Show, which features vendors and visiting modular layouts, was canceled because the venue they use, the ETSU Mini-Dome is under renovation and unavailable. The Tweetsie Time Celebration is a different event organized by the George L. Carter Museum at ETSU by Dr. Fred Alsop. It features clinics and discussions about the ET&WNC, how the crew is accurately modeling the RR and operating sessions on the museum's HOn3 layout. Also included are a partial tour of the Tweetsie hiking and biking Trail and a visit to the Doe River Gorge which are both on the former ET&WNC right of way. Please refer to the press release, or my original post for more details and the schedule.

I highly recommend coming for any HOn3 modeler, especially students of the ET&WNC. If you've never seen the layout, prepared to be impressed.

The layout is also part of a tour during the 41st NNGC in September if you can't make it in two weeks.

Curtis Brookshire
Pine Level NC