Topics

TVRR vs TVRR

George Pierson

Hi, all,

For fans of Pennsylvania narrow gauge, the presence of two 3 ft. lines in the state with the same initials is confusing.  Given the greater size of the nw PA Tionesta Valley RR, its longer life and its greater traffic, perhaps we could let it take title to "TVRR."  The Tuscarora Valley RR will happily accept "TuVRR" as its working title.  FYI the TuVRR was located about 40 miles west of Harrisburg, PA.  It's northern terminus was Port Royal on the PRR Middle Division.  It ran 28 miles south to Blairs Mills, PA.  Go one county west and you come to the EBT.  As  devotee of the TuVRR, I can't resist inviting you to visit my website:

tuscaroramodelservices.com

for video and photos of the TuV which resides in my basement.  There are also links to some other websites on which you can find more TuV info and photos.

The Tionesta Valley RR is also a fascinating line and one which begs to be modeled.  Little remains of it today but I gather that the TVRR station in Sheffield, PA is a TVRR museum.  I couldn't find a website but it's good to know some part of the TVRR is being preserved.

George Pierson
General Manager, TuVRR, Chicago Division

Ed Carl

I have seen the video of your Railroad on YouTube and admired have admired your railroad for quite a few years, I don't know how many times I've watched the video !!1 of my favorite Narrow Gauge railroads besides the Bellevue and Cascade Railroad. On a side note I I've been to the the railroad in the past in winter time without all the information on the Rail Road. I followed it on my way home from Cabin Fever in York, PA back to Ohio multiple years in a row would love to go back and fall or spring time and get a good look at the railroad well at least the area now that I have better maps of the railroad.

Steven Haworth

I've been able to operate on George layout many times - it's an amazing work of art!  I miss going there, in this lockdown time....

- Steve Haworth
RGS history - http://www.rgsrr.info/
Blog - http://rgsrr.blogspot.com/               FB - https://www.facebook.com/stevesrgs/