Topics

Turntable kit - a possible approach?

Mark Kasprowicz

Edited

I was looking at Waynes email regarding Bill Banta possibly doing a Taos depot kit (I'm not intersted BTW, interesting as it is) but needed 25 commitments. Not sure how many have put their hands up but would it be possible via crowdfunding to come up with the funding needed to get the project underway. I note Bill says he needs a week to do the CAD work and then an unknown length of time for writing the manual etc.  At the same time there are those seeking a Kitwood turntable, for which the CAD work and manual are done, but Simon is committed to On3 projects and thinks that it is unlikely he'll return to HOn3 in the foreseeable future.
So what if Bill could take on Simons HOn3 project in return for royalties for a project that Simon no longer sees as urgent. It's a ready to go number but would need the buyer numbers for it to even be mentioned to Bill and Simon. They might even reject the idea as unthinkable and an insult to their art.

Just thinking out loud.
Mark K

Larry Mallett

I’m not sure how this would work, but I’m in the market for a good quality 60 or 65 foot turntable.  I’d be happy to contribute to a crowdfunding effort if it meant that I could get a TT in the next few months.

Larry

On Feb 24, 2021, at 14:24, Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]

NarrowMinded1

I've had a handful of comments about doing the EBT turntable as a kit. This is similar to the one in Durango like Kitwood Hills sold. I bring this up because I am having EBT structure kits produced for me by Bill Banta under my Broad Top Mountain Models line. I could possibly, with enough commitments (money in hand) have a Orbisonia/Durango turntable kit produced BUT it MAY only be an "Armstrong" style and it would not be available for at least 6-9 months. IF there is interest I can discuss it with Bill.
--
Nathan M. Kline
Nate's HOn3 East Broad Top RR & Coal Co.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVJMoICFWw9Muse6xm8moiQ
MeWe Group: https://mewe.com/group/5fbb79e7edc4177fe935a858
Nate's Light Iron Hobbies: http://nateslightironhobbies.com
Broad Top Mountain Models: http://broadtopmountainmodels.com

Russ Norris

Interestingly enough, Kitwood offered one kit for either Durango or Orbisonia.  They were almost identical except for different handrails and the fact that the Durango table operated by steam and the EBT one was an Armstrong.

Russ