Topics

Tunnel Liners

Craig Linn

Hey Everyone,

I made up some stuff to share with my club, but thought that I would post it on here as well.

I came up with a method to make tunnel liners that didn't take plaster and molds.  Just some Gatorfoam board, some paint, and a little patience.  Working out good so far.

https://www.riogranderr.com/ModelRailroading/Construction/Tips-and-Techniques/Tunnel-Liners/

Hope you are all safe!

Craig

Ric Case

They look good!
I have also used aluminum foil !
Crumpled up then flattened out, paint flat black, misted with some white and gray for high lites.
Then fold over a form for the scale you model, set over the rails.
Flexible but strong enough to self support!
Just another option!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Mar 22, 2020, at 6:04 PM, Craig Linn <drgw346@...> wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I made up some stuff to share with my club, but thought that I would post it on here as well.

I came up with a method to make tunnel liners that didn't take plaster and molds.  Just some Gatorfoam board, some paint, and a little patience.  Working out good so far.

https://www.riogranderr.com/ModelRailroading/Construction/Tips-and-Techniques/Tunnel-Liners/

Hope you are all safe!

Craig

Mike Conder

That looks really good, neat (and lightweight) technique.

Mike Conder

Craig Linn

Thanks guys.  Been fun trying to figure out how to make a liner for my situation.

kevin b

They look good!
I have also used aluminum foil !

Crumpled up then flattened out, paint flat black, misted with some white and gray for high lites.

Then fold over a form for the scale you model, set over the rails.

Flexible but strong enough to self support!

Just another option!

Ric Case

EBT Modeler

Hamilton Ohio

1-513-375-7694

hey ric, I like that idea. it's right there in my ability range, wad up foil that is.... lol.