Topics

Track in the addition

Steve Hatch

Well we tried the new track in the new room addition and all is well.  A bit tedious spiking code 55 but
it is the correct size rail for most narrow gauge.   Looks good and runs great.  Kinda neat with the train coming through the wall
into the new 20x20 foot area.   RR is now 20 foot by 46 foot.

http://www.railwayeng.com/9030railroad/Build/madera1a.jpg

http://www.railwayeng.com/9030railroad/Build/madera2a.jpg

http://www.railwayeng.com/9030railroad/Build/madera3a.jpg

Today Friday was the first operation  into the new addition.
every thing ran ok. The turnout machine worked and nothing stalled or derailed.
I've hooked up the servos to turn the switch stand and it's rod moves the points. looks cool.
Onward with the track laying
The train did stall before it got to the new room.......closed rail gap.  Shorted the turnout till I found it.
-Stephen Hatch
Dewey AZ

Mike Conder

looking good Steve!

Mike Conder

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 5:03 PM Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:
[...]

Margie & Larry Galkowski

I hate the look of hand laid track it looks so - you know - real.  LOL
Keep up the good work. I love seeing progress while my new layout is yet to begin.

Larry G.

David Laverick

Well done, the work we do has a way being affirming us no matter how humble, and track laid is a picture of hope, a future no matter what the scale. Post us a picture, some of us haven’t cleared the room enough yet to create the foundation.

On Apr 17, 2020, at 7:01 PM, Margie & Larry Galkowski <margielarrygalkowski@...> wrote:

I hate the look of hand laid track it looks so - you know - real.  LOL
Keep up the good work. I love seeing progress while my new layout is yet to begin.

Larry G.

Jeff Reynolds

As we say in the music biz, "Steve, you still got it." How are you going to hide that extension cord, or does it just get covered, unplugged in the scenery stage? The code 55 does look right for narrow gauges like the RGS and C&S or branches of the D&RGW.

Steve Hatch

  Thanks Jeff
"But keep your day job"  ha ha ha ha ha
Arthritis is interfering with my piano and guitar playing.  Oh well not a lot of gigs at 79
This was also a test of the little train op program I wrote.
  I had to change the town order because La Madera now gets switched before Taos Jct.
It went pretty smooth.   I moved the town names in the file and the program
wrote the train orders to the correct places.   I was happy with that.
 (didn't want to re-write the program AGAIN)
Steve Hatch

Steve Hatch

Don Bergman

Steve,