Topics

The 40th NNGC Goes Online

Peter Smith

Greetings,

The cancellation of the 40th National Narrow Gauge convention, although necessary, was a great disappointment to us all. We got to thinking wouldn’t it be great to run a scaled down version of the convention using the Zoom platform and do it about the same time as the original convention. The Seattle narrow gaugers had experience doing virtual presentations and their St. Louis counterparts had the layouts and clinicians on tap. The two have collaborated to organize a virtual convention to be held on three consecutive Saturdays starting August 22nd.

The agenda each Saturday will be three clinics in the morning, a break and two layout tours in the afternoon. Start time is 10:00 AM CDT. The clinic and layout tours will run about 45 minutes each including Q & A. We have nine clinics and six layouts on the schedule. On September 5th, the last Saturday, we will conclude with presentations by the Hickory, Seattle and Denver convention committees. That will be followed by presentations by the committees bidding for 2024 and 2025 and a vote if necessary.

Complete details are posted on the 40th NNGC web page; www.40nngc.com

So, spread the word and we’ll see you online!

Pete