Topics

Taos Junction Depot in HOn3 by BANTA Modelworks

Wayne

I was speaking over the phone with Bill of BANTA Modelworks today regarding one of his HOn3 models I'm currently building.  The discussion eventually wandered over to the possibility of his producing a Taos Junction Depot kit in HOn3.  As it turns out he has all the plans for the Taos Junction Depot already in his computer.  I asked him what it would take for him to go into production and he said that he would need about 5 days of CAD work and then do the actual manufacturing and writing of the instructions.  Bill thinks he could produce these kit for somewhere in the range of $125 to $175 retail.  In order to be able to produce these kits he would need to make an initial run of at least 25 units.

I told Bill that I would post this information here and on the Chili Line group and see if we can generate enough interest, via order commitments, for him to be able to go into production.  I, myself, will take 2 kits off the initial run, if he does go into production.  How many other people out there would be willing to commit to buying a kit so we can get this rare bit of nostalgia from the Chili Line built?

John

I'd take one
John Peckham
Torrance, Calif

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 1:20 PM, Wayne
<waynewtaylorii@...> wrote:
[...]

Ernie Barney

What plan of the station is Banta using? The Maxwell plans are not correct as Dan Pyzel has pointed out. My scratch built model was built using these plans and is incorrect as to window and enclosed stairway on the front bay section. One of our members posted their cad drawings of the station on our site which shows the station as it looked. Note that no photos show the bay section. Either way the station is really neat but it would be great if it was completely accurate to the prototype.

Dave

I’ll take 2..
Dave Hass
Shawnee OK

<waynewtaylorii@...> wrote:
[...]

wtmiv

Is someone keeping track of all these folks who say they will buy the Taos Junction depot kits? Just wondering...
Bill M.