Super Glue aka CAin..

Nigel Phillips

I use a cheap ($11) adjustable 60W pen type soldering iron that usually lasts 2-3 years. Comes with a variety of tips. Bit cheaper than an Antex. I

I see that the 714 case is delrin. Which means welding.

On Saturday, April 3, 2021, Mark Kasprowicz <mark@...> wrote:
The trouble you American have is everything has to be big, including soldering irons. I use UK based Antex irons which are available in the US with a 1mm. bit to weld the two tabs at the back of 714's. Do not need to heat weld anything else. you're only looking at holding the whole together until the screw goes in. No, you do not need a special bit to do this, any residual plastic can be wiped off with a paper towel.

Mark K

Nigel Phillips

On Monday, April 5, 2021, Nigel Phillips <nigelp18000@...> wrote:
I use a cheap ($11) adjustable 60W pen type soldering iron that usually lasts 2-3 years. Comes with a variety of tips. Bit cheaper than an Antex. And cheaper than a set of replacement tips.

I see that the #714 case is delrin. Which means welding at above ~350°F/175°C

Nigel