Spring cleaning

Bill Lugg

I watched this recently:
https://trainmasters.tv/programs/track-conductivity-cure?cid=1201370&permalink=20-083-track-conductivity-curemp4-d9ac23.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but I'm going to as the forum it came
from had a lot of anecdotal stories suggesting it really works. It's
only free for a little while so I've you're interested take a look soon.

Bill Lugg

On 1/18/22 9:41 AM, Paul Buhrke wrote:

During the last operating session on the Salida Division, we actually
had no failures of note. That in itself was most extraordinary but
there was that one nagging item that always seems to crop up. Yes;
that pesky demon, electrical conductivity or dirty track. Being the
only “disaster” though was a good thing or so I thought. Upon further
investigation and using my “Brite Boy”, just for grins and giggles I
picked up three freight cars and decided to run them through my wheel
cleaner. The first car came through with little discoloration on the
cleaning pad. The second and third cars were another issue; dirty,
dirty wheels. This pair was bad enough that the locomotives that get a
regular cleaning seemed spotless in comparison. Well that result of
course dictated that a rather long and tedious process must be
undertaken, wheel cleaning.
/Paul Buhrke/
D&RGW Salida Division
Lost in the Black Canyon in 1929

Climax@...

There is another source of reasonable figures called "fun and Games" that took over several figures lines to include Jane's.  I have used many of them for specific characters in certain places.  Its good to use figures from several places so you don;t get repeats over and over.  Weston/Campbell has sets like Mrs. Spamoni with the wash and baby.  They are good to set a scene but remember you can repaint them at will and change their appearance, put hats on them, different clothing and when you get more daring change their positions by moving arms, legs, head and torso.  Just look at how your own body works and bends and follow that rule.