From: Jim Spencer <trainmanjs@...>
Date: 4/13/20 4:41 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] wanted: original Tsunami1 for Blackstone C19

Whoops, I discovered my Micro Tsunami (TSU 750) is actually a K-Class.  But here is a website that seems to offer the whole suite of TSU-750s:  yankeedabbler.com

I checked and their website shows the D&RGW C-Class TSU 750 part# 678-826016 in stock for $77.95 which includes shipping.

I suspect that Yankee Dabbler bought out the remaining stock of the Sound Trax 1000s and 750s.

Climax@...

Yes, basically a Dunkirk was a Heisler with the cylinders in the cab.  How are you going to cram DCC and sound into that tiny locomotive?  I have one and barely had room to put a fireman and engineer in the cab

I have two NWSL Dunkirk locos, which I want to install DCC and sound.  Having never heard the sound of a Dunkirk loco, I am guessing it would be very similar to that of a Heisler.

Would this be correct?

Thanks,

Al

Whoops, I discovered my Micro Tsunami (TSU 750) is actually a K-Class.  But here is a website that seems to offer the whole suite of TSU-750s:  yankeedabbler.com

I checked and their website shows the D&RGW C-Class TSU 750 part# 678-826016 in stock for $77.95 which includes shipping.

I suspect that Yankee Dabbler bought out the remaining stock of the Sound Trax 1000s and 750s.

Brian Kopp

Inquiring minds want to know for sure. My Dunkirk is ready for DCC too! =)

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Russ Norris

Any of you get your Dunkirks from David Hoffman?  He's been trying to interest me in one for years.

Russ

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 9:15 AM Brian Kopp <kc5lpa1@...> wrote:
Inquiring minds want to know for sure. My Dunkirk is ready for DCC too! =)

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Brian Kopp

I did not get mine directly from Dave but I understand he influenced the NWSL design that I have (ebay). At least that is what he told me. =) I do have Dave's Dunkirk book too. I wish he were internet friendly. He would be a wealth of info to add to this list (and other lists). He was ill last year but I hope he is well again. I called him about 4 times last year to chat NG. He was working on a Climax project again with production plans for St Louis I think, but who knows now.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Russ Norris

I know what you mean, Brian.  David used to call me from time to time for years.  His deep resounding voice was instantly recognizable on the phone.  I ordered lots of stuff from him  for my EBT model railroad.  I finally met him at a train show a few years ago.  A really creative guy.

Russ