Topics

Scratch-building article

Robert Bell

Does anybody remember a scratch-building article describing how to build C&S steel underframe cars in HOn3 from the late 1980s or early 1990s?

Thanks in advance!

Rob Bell
Waynesville, NC

Brian Kopp

Rob how about  this one:
March 83 NGSL Gazette: "C&S Steel Frame Coal Cars"

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

John Stutz

Rob and Brian

Grandt Line did this car in Hon3.  Also the steel underframe boxcar and refrigerator, and the 4-wheel caboose.  I do not know if they are back in production yet, but the kits should still be available.

John Stutz

On 7/7/2019 1:53 PM, Brian Kopp wrote:

Rob how about  this one:
March 83 NGSL Gazette: "C&S Steel Frame Coal Cars"

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Brian Kopp

Thanks John.
I will not be in Sacramento in September but I hope one or two members from our group here are able to go and gather some updates about the status of some of the vendors that are in limbo or otherwise closed down.....NWSL, Blackstone, Grandt Line as a SJ Model Co. reboot, etc..... I am sure I am missing a few.....

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Climax@...

Should be interesting reading.

I will not be in Sacramento in September but I hope one or two members from our group here are able to go and gather some updates about the status of some of the vendors that are in limbo or otherwise closed down.....NWSL, Blackstone, Grandt Line as a SJ Model Co. reboot, etc..... I am sure I am missing a few.....

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Bill Lugg

What about Monster Model Works?  I had heard the company was up for
sale, but have never heard of a buyer coming along to resurrect it. Too
bad because their products looked really impressive.

Bill Lugg

On 7/9/19 5:46 AM, Brian Kopp wrote:

Thanks John.
I will not be in Sacramento in September but I hope one or two members
from our group here are able to go and gather some updates about the
status of some of the vendors that are in limbo or otherwise closed
down.....NWSL, Blackstone, Grandt Line as a SJ Model Co. reboot,
etc..... I am sure I am missing a few.....

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

_._,_._,_

Brian Kopp

Bill I never had the pleasure of building a MMW kit. There are rumors about them also being bought if you believe what "they" say on the internet....

Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 9:42 AM Bill Lugg <luggw1@...> wrote:
What about Monster Model Works?  I had heard the company was up for
sale, but have never heard of a buyer coming along to resurrect it. Too
bad because their products looked really impressive.

Bill Lugg

On 7/9/19 5:46 AM, Brian Kopp wrote:

> Thanks John.
> I will not be in Sacramento in September but I hope one or two members
> from our group here are able to go and gather some updates about the
> status of some of the vendors that are in limbo or otherwise closed
> down.....NWSL, Blackstone, Grandt Line as a SJ Model Co. reboot,
> etc..... I am sure I am missing a few.....
>
> Brian Kopp
> Jacksonville, FL
>
> _._,_._,_

Robert Bell

Brian: yes, that was the article!  Thank you.

Others: my reason for scratch-building the frame will be for NMRA achievement.  Otherwise, I have numerous Grandt kits and MEL steel frame cars.

Rob Bell
Modeling the White Pass in
Waynesville, NC

Robert Bell