Topics

Scenery today

Steve Hatch

heres a look at the scenery progress

Steve Hatch

big

Steve Hatch

  I'm doing a bit of texturing as I build the scenery background.
  It's interesting how some scenes just look good.   Not planned they just look good.
-Steve

Ric Case

Steve looks good! Keep up the great work! Enjoy seeing everyone else’s modeling, always inspiring!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

On Oct 10, 2020, at 5:21 PM, Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:

  I'm doing a bit of texturing as I build the scenery background.
  It's interesting how some scenes just look good.   Not planned they just look good.
-Steve

Brian Kopp

Love your work Steve  -- in fact the whole train room journey you've taken us on this past year.

I am also doing some texturing these days for a dry arroyo. I used various sizes of cork bits (orchid planting material) that I air brushed first in a colander to color match my painted foam..

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Mark Lewis

Brian:

That scene looks amazing!

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

Brian Kopp

Thanks Mark. Its been inspirations like Steve's project that got me back building again after a 19 year hiatus for career and family.....
--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Climax@...

looking great!

Love your work Steve  -- in fact the whole train room journey you've taken us on this past year.

I am also doing some texturing these days for a dry arroyo. I used various sizes of cork bits (orchid planting material) that I air brushed first in a colander to color match my painted foam..

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Jim Gray

As a new guy to both the hobby and to this group, I would agree.   You never know how scenes are going to turn out.   To me, photography is a big part of my enjoyment of the hobby, and closeup photography, even with my iPhone, sometimes provides surprisingly realistic results.

Jim Gray
Evergreen, CO

Mark Lewis

Jim,

If the attached photo is your modeling...and you are a "new guy to the hobby"...I'd say you have caught on very quickly - nicely done!

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 11:34 PM Jim Gray <n747jg@...> wrote:
As a new guy to both the hobby and to this group, I would agree.   You never know how scenes are going to turn out.   To me, photography is a big part of my enjoyment of the hobby, and closeup photography, even with my iPhone, sometimes provides surprisingly realistic results.

Jim Gray
Evergreen, CO

Brian Kopp

Agreed Mark. Love that overgrown rusting "former" siding look. Nice work Jim.
--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL