Topics

Rio Grande Models--is there a future?

John Cytron

Not long ago (within a  month or so), someone posted on one of the lists that Eric Bracher's Rio Grande Models might be sold and that the models could become available again. Does anyone have any up to date information on this possible sale and "rebirth"?

John

claneon30

I figure they will surface in due time, when they are ready to produce product. The post you refer to was from Eric Bracher himself, so I took it as reliable.

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Nov 18, 2020, at 5:28 PM, John Cytron <rgsjohnny@...> wrote:

Not long ago (within a  month or so), someone posted on one of the lists that Eric Bracher's Rio Grande Models might be sold and that the models could become available again. Does anyone have any up to date information on this possible sale and "rebirth"?

John

Brian Kopp

Here is the post from the Rio  Grande Facebook page

Hi Folks,
Just a quick update for everyone.....
A deal has been made and Rio Grande Models will continue to operate, produce kits, and ship to customers all over the world.
We're in the process of getting all the essentials packed up and ready for transfer to the new owner and operator so that narrow gauge enthusiasts can continue to enjoy the model kits created by NMRA Master Model Railroader #23 for years to come.
This process may take several months given the 50+ year span of RGM, so stay tuned to this space.
EDIT!!
After a week of packing, the first batch of casting molds, materials, spare parts, and a few already packaged kits are on their way OUT of California.
We estimate that it will take another several days of this to get all of the essentials transferred, but weather, traffic, and the holidays permitting, we're hoping to have this done by January or so.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, FL

Climax@...

Thanks for the update Brian.  RGM is a staple that every craftsman enjoys building.

[...]

I posted a similar question on the new NNG group io which is a group which will post NNGC type videos and clinics. Anyway, Rio Grande Models has a Facebook page which states that the new owner is moving all the equipment and tools out of California to his place (not specified) and will give more details when he will be up and running.

John.

kevin b

thanks for posting that.

i do not have anything to do with face book, so i can't look that up.
but, do you happen to know who, or whom has bought  RGM?
thanks.
Kevin.

On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 09:00:24 AM CST, Brian Kopp <kc5lpa1@...> wrote:

[...]

No information yet as to who the new owner is, but thank goodness a person showed up to buy and continue the company's products.

John