Topics

Progress on the East Broad Top

Russ Norris

Most of you know that the East Broad Top Railroad has been purchased by a foundation and is in the process of restoration.  The ultimate goal is to restore the fleet of 12 Baldiwn Mikados to operating condition.  Here is a link to a recent article in the Altoona Mirror about the Friends of the East Broad Top and recent progress on the railroad.

https://www.altoonamirror.com/news/local-news/2020/07/back-on-track/

kevin b

thanks for posting.
Kevin.

On Monday, July 6, 2020, 10:11:25 AM CDT, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

Most of you know that the East Broad Top Railroad has been purchased by a foundation and is in the process of restoration.  The ultimate goal is to restore the fleet of 12 Baldiwn Mikados to operating condition.  Here is a link to a recent article in the Altoona Mirror about the Friends of the East Broad Top and recent progress on the railroad.

https://www.altoonamirror.com/ news/local-news/2020/07/back-o n-track/

My bad.  I can only wish the EBT had a fleet of 11 Baldwin Mike's.  It's actually 6 2-8-2's, not 12.  I must have thinking of the oldest and smallest likes, #12.

Russ