Plastic tea bags as screens?

Dusty

Help. Am I hallucinating or was there a magazine article where plastic tea bags were used as window or door screens? Does anyone have tea bag tips that would save me from random tea purchases?

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

Mark Lewis

Dusty,

I have used the screen material from coffee maker permanent filters,  for HO window and door screens. Rach filter can supply numerous screen sections. The filter in the photos came from Walmart and vost less than $3.00. Many "dollar stores" have similar filters in stock as well.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

Climax@...

Any good Sewing or Material Store can provide really great small screen type of material to use as scale screens in either silver or black.  I purchased a piece serval years ago and am still cutting small chunks off of it.

Help. Am I hallucinating or was there a magazine article where plastic tea bags were used as window or door screens? Does anyone have tea bag tips that would save me from random tea purchases?

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

Steven Haworth

I like the Harney & Sons tea - and have saved a few of their bags for this purpose.  Haven't tried them on a model.  But I love their tea!

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 8:24 AM Dusty via groups.io <Dustburm=q.com@groups.io> wrote:
Help. Am I hallucinating or was there a magazine article where plastic tea bags were used as window or door screens? Does anyone have tea bag tips that would save me from random tea purchases?

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

Darryl Huffman

Dusty,

Send me your mailing address and I will send you some great screen material.

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@...

You can find my Youtube Channel of Model Building Videos Here:

You can follow my blog here:

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 08:47:04 AM MST, Steven Haworth <haworth7@...> wrote:

I like the Harney & Sons tea - and have saved a few of their bags for this purpose.  Haven't tried them on a model.  But I love their tea!

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 8:24 AM Dusty via groups.io <Dustburm=q.com@groups.io> wrote:
Help. Am I hallucinating or was there a magazine article where plastic tea bags were used as window or door screens? Does anyone have tea bag tips that would save me from random tea purchases?

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

leakinmywaders

Rishi tea bags are made of very fine, square-meshed nylon screening material, the finest I've yet run across.  I've used the Mr. Coffee filter screen material as well, but I think the Rishi tea bag material is a bit finer weave for window screen in HO models.  The Mr. Coffee stuff is a wee bit stiffer, which makes it easier to work with for certain applications.

You might have read about the tea bags in my RMC article last year, where I used  this material for windows in an NP tool car.

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT