pix of (mostly) 3-way stubs in HOn3

Jeff Reynolds

Edited

After I found you could only load one pic at a time, I loaded pix of my five, 3-way stubs and a surprise entry.
But there is no way to add a description.
I have one more 3-way stub in code 40 half built on Homasote, but I can't find it.
jefe de nada

Scott Baker

Nice work! The layout (and stub switch) look great!

Mark Lewis

Jeff,
I never get tired of seeing photos of your layout and model building, as it is so very inspirational.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

LenTRaley

Really nice work, Jeff.

Len Raley

ftgcss

Humm,  Me no see picture.

Jeff Reynolds

You may have to open the Photos folder.

ftgcss

Here's mine and the gauge bars I made so just the rails move and not the ties.

Scott

Nigel Phillips

Hi Scott,

Neat. What are you using for stops?

Nigel

On Saturday, January 22, 2022, ftgcss <ftgc@...> wrote:
Here's mine and the gauge bars I made so just the rails move and not the ties.

Scott

ftgcss

Thanks Nigel,
I'm not using anything for stops.  The approach rails are controlled by servos that are controlled by Tam Valley dual three ways.  The dual three ways allow me to set the end point throws of the servo for each of the three positions.  Unfortunately those are no longer available.  I was lucky enough to find one more at one of the online hobby shops as I'm going to need one for the three way in Dolores.

Scott

Nigel Phillips

Hi Scott,

Thought as much. There are other controllers available.

Nigel

On Saturday, January 22, 2022, ftgcss <ftgc@...> wrote:
Thanks Nigel,
I'm not using anything for stops.  The approach rails are controlled by servos that are controlled by Tam Valley dual three ways.  The dual three ways allow me to set the end point throws of the servo for each of the three positions.  Unfortunately those are no longer available.  I was lucky enough to find one more at one of the online hobby shops as I'm going to need one for the three way in Dolores.

Scott

Ken Martin

When I joined the club I still belong to forty years ago we had a 3-way, DUAL gauge stub switch installed on the layout. Unfortunately no picturees and when we moved it disappeared.

Ken Martin

On Jan 22, 2022, at 10:56 AM, ftgcss <ftgc@...> wrote:

Here's mine and the gauge bars I made so just the rails move and not the ties.

Scott
_._,_._,_

Randy Hees

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022, 11:31 AM Nigel Phillips <nigelp18000@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

Thought as much. There are other controllers available.

Nigel

On Saturday, January 22, 2022, ftgcss <ftgc@...> wrote:
Thanks Nigel,
I'm not using anything for stops.  The approach rails are controlled by servos that are controlled by Tam Valley dual three ways.  The dual three ways allow me to set the end point throws of the servo for each of the three positions.  Unfortunately those are no longer available.  I was lucky enough to find one more at one of the online hobby shops as I'm going to need one for the three way in Dolores.

Scott

LARRY KLOSE

I have a Steve Hatch servo/Tam Valley controlled 3 way that's been in use
for several years. It works fine and I have another circuit I can use if I
need it.

Mike Conder

Scott,

I confirmed that the QuadLN_S can indeed run a three-day way TO like the unavailable Tam Valley 3-way controllers.  But if you don't use Loconet then it will.also be able to run 5-6 other 2-way servos. It's a good replacement for the Octo 3 from Twm Valley, also now unavailable.

Mike Conder

ftgcss

Mike,

It's good to know the QuadLN_S can work in place of the Dual 3-way.  I've been looking at it for a replacement for the Octo as everything I've done so far has been with them.  Like I said, I did find another Dual 3-way online and the only other 3 way stub I have planed is on the north end of Dolores.  Additionally the last 3 way stub there at Rico, really doesn't need the third route as that track isn't really long enough to use, so I could replace that Dual 3-way with a regular turnout controller and use the Dual 3-way somewhere else.

Larry,

Yeah I have an unused circuit on the Dual 3-way that controls that last 3-way stub, unfortunately the other 3-way stub I'll need to control is going to be all the way across the room.

Scott

lloyd lehrer

A recent check of Tam Valley shows the octo available again.
Lloyd Lehrer, 310 9519097

--
lloyd lehrer

ftgcss

Lloyd,

Thanks for the heads up, that's great news.

Scott