Topics

Performance guidelines

Ric Case

Found this in my file folders! Does anyone remember the magazine it came from!
I believe it was published in 1985!
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

John

Model Railroading mag
John

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 6:02 PM, Ric Case
<ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Found this in my file folders! Does anyone remember the magazine it came from!
I believe it was published in 1985!
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

Climax@...

What, did I miss something here?

<ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Found this in my file folders! Does anyone remember the magazine it came from!
I believe it was published in 1985!
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

Ric Case

Thanks!

Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

<ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Found this in my file folders! Does anyone remember the magazine it came from!
I believe it was published in 1985!
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

Russ Norris

Only if you don't model the EBT!

Russ

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021, 10:11 PM <Climax@...> wrote:
What, did I miss something here?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 6:02 PM, Ric Case
Found this in my file folders! Does anyone remember the magazine it came from!
I believe it was published in 1985!
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
1-513-375-7694

Yeah. The title of the test data box says "Model Railroading" at the top.

That was such a good mag. It had lots of how-to's in it. I also had this great series on modeling the RGS using standard gauge equipment. Though the editor Robert Schleicher was already working on the series concept. He kind of got the idea from an SD9 and a bay window caboose I painted up in RGS fantasy paint schemes. The SD9 was silver and black and the caboose was Rio Grande gold in colors. They were entered in a "Detail a Diesel"  contest at "Pro Custom Hobbies West" They caught Robert's attention and he put them in one of the early magazine issues. I think I still have a copy of that article somewhere. It was my first published modeling work.  A year or so later Robert started that RGS series. I just did it on a lark what if. What if the RGS had standard gauged?

Dale Buxton