From: alsands@...
Sent: Jul 22, 2019 4:16 AM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] OM plow

Does anyone know if Con-Cor are still going ahead with the HOn3 Rotary Snow Plow?.
I put my name down for one but have heard nothing.
Probably just as well with the Aussie $ the way it is.

Alan
Perth Western Australia

Robert Bell

I believe it's supposed to be the OY rotary...
And no, haven't heard anything.

To Dave: ha!

Rob Bell
Waynesville, NC

Mark Lewis

Con-Cor has apparently taken the Blackstone stance, when announcing a new product, like the HO/HOn3 Rotary Plow....virtual silence.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019, 8:36 AM Robert Bell via Groups.Io <ionhoss=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I believe it's supposed to be the OY rotary...
And no, haven't heard anything.

To Dave: ha!

Rob Bell
Waynesville, NC

Dale Buxton

A few months back, I talked to my friend Tony Kassin whom I consider to be the dean of rotary snow removal equipment. (at least in my part of the world). I told him I was thinking about using the Concor model (if it ever came out) to build the Crystal River AB-2. This plow became D&RG rotary OO. First he told me not to count on the Concor model ever showing up. They are looking at a retail price in the high $400's and they need a minimum of 500 reservations. And this was before the major model train factory in China closed it's doors. And now the tariff wars. (thank you very much Mr. President)  Then he told me that the OY plow shroud and blades were somewhat larger than OO's. So I think my OO project is dead.

It's been several years since the plow was announced and it was slated for late 2018 delivery. So.... There's that too.

Dale B.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 2:16 AM <alsands@...> wrote:
Does anyone know if Con-Cor are still going ahead with the HOn3 Rotary Snow Plow?.
I put my name down for one but have heard nothing.
Probably just as well with the Aussie $ the way it is.

Alan
Perth Western Australia

claneon30

A reminder to everyone. Stuff coming out of China is a challenge and has been for some time. But model trains are and are continuing to be EXEMPT from tariffs. They exist in their own little class within the toy category. We got enough problems with this supply chain, without worrying about a non-issue.

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Jul 22, 2019, at 4:48 PM, Dale Buxton <dbtuathaddana@...> wrote:

[...]

Chris:

Thanks for the clarification.