Topics

New roundhouse

Steve Hatch

I installed a new round house today.
 hope fully this will be practicle and keep dust off the locos.
(I'm being optimistic here)

Russ Norris

Very impressive.  Looks like the old ConCor plastic kit.  I had one of those for years and finally gave it to a friend who was into HO.  Who made this structure?  Is it designed for HOn3?

Russ

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020, 1:16 PM Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:
I installed a new round house today.
 hope fully this will be practicle and keep dust off the locos.
(I'm being optimistic here)

All that extra weathing?  OK, its out of scale.  hahahaa  I am in the middle of a 1970's Model Masterpieces CM 4 Stall stone roundhouse and TT.  I added a boiler and steam engine room to run the equipment by belts.  I am at the stage of adding the roof support posts and beams now.  Getting them all the same height is a good trick to have the roof supported properly.

Very impressive.  Looks like the old ConCor plastic kit.  I had one of those for years and finally gave it to a friend who was into HO.  Who made this structure?  Is it designed for HOn3?

Russ

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020, 1:16 PM Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:
I installed a new round house today.
 hope fully this will be practicle and keep dust off the locos.
(I'm being optimistic here)

Lee Gustafson

Steve,

Looks great. A home for the fine stable of motive power.

Lee Gustafson

On Aug 25, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Steve Hatch <hatch@...> wrote:

I installed a new round house today.
 hope fully this will be practicle and keep dust off the locos.
(I'm being optimistic here)

<rndhouse1.jpg>

Steven Haworth

Looks great!
BTW - I added an air purifier to the basement some time ago (in addition to sealing the ceiling), to help keep the dust out.  I think I got the idea from one of Jack Burgess' YouTube videos.
Anyway, I added one of these and love it.  Not cheap, but it does seem to help.

- Steve Haworth
RGS history - http://www.rgsrr.com/
Blog - http://rgsrr.blogspot.com/               FB - https://www.facebook.com/stevesrgs/