Topics

Mike Mackey

Hi Guys,

After a conversation with Larry Smith this week, I was told I needed to sign up for this chat group. I’m friends with Outlaw and Kid Durango so I’m hoping that the rest of you won’t hold that against me!

Larry tells me that since I’ve joined I now need a nickname. I guess this begins the process. 

Thanks,  Mike Mackey, MMR #573

Mike Conder

Welcome to the group of kids thinkers.  Nickname time: Knifey after Mac the Knife (line you've never heard that before!)

Mayour

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 6:13 PM Railroadguy1957 via Groups.Io <Railroadguy1957=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Guys,

After a conversation with Larry Smith this week, I was told I needed to sign up for this chat group. I’m friends with Outlaw and Kid Durango so I’m hoping that the rest of you won’t hold that against me!

Larry tells me that since I’ve joined I now need a nickname. I guess this begins the process. 

Ric Case

Mike where are you located.?

Ric Case 
EBT Modeler 
Hamilton Ohio 
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 7, 2019, at 8:17 PM, Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:

Welcome to the group of kids thinkers.  Nickname time: Knifey after Mac the Knife (line you've never heard that before!)

Mayour

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 6:13 PM Railroadguy1957 via Groups.Io <Railroadguy1957=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Guys,

Mike Mackey

Mayour,

Nice of you to be the first to respond! I’ve already heard the story of the election signs in Durango Down Under. 

... and you’re correct, I’ve heard that a few times before. 😄

Mike

On Sep 7, 2019, at 7:17 PM, Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:

Mayour

Hi Guys,

Mike Mackey

Fort Worth. 

BTW, Rick, Larry tells me that you and I need to discuss 3D printing. I’m in charge of sales and marketing for a company that sells 3D printers and does printing for hire. 

Mike

On Sep 7, 2019, at 7:42 PM, Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

Ric Case 
EBT Modeler 
Hamilton Ohio 
1-513-375-7694

Mayour

Hi Guys,

Ric Case

We can connect off line!

Ric Case 
EBT Modeler 
Hamilton Ohio 
1-513-375-7694

On Sep 7, 2019, at 8:47 PM, Mike Mackey via Groups.Io <Railroadguy1957@...> wrote:

Fort Worth. 

BTW, Rick, Larry tells me that you and I need to discuss 3D printing. I’m in charge of sales and marketing for a company that sells 3D printers and does printing for hire. 

Mike

Ric Case 
EBT Modeler 
Hamilton Ohio 
1-513-375-7694

Mayour

Hi Guys,

Russ Norris

Mike, you would be well served to pick a nickname of your own choosing (as I did) or the evil minds present in this group will assign you a moniker that will follow you forever!  Bwa ha ha ha (evil laugh).

Butch

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019, 5:13 PM Railroadguy1957 via Groups.Io <Railroadguy1957=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Guys,

--
Russ Norris, MMR
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
http://blacklogvalleyrailroad.blogspot.com/

Mike Mackey

Well Butch,

If left to my own devices, I’d probably settle on something like Cowtown Kid, or something that gave mention to the place I live. 

I also model the Texas and Saint Louis (narrow gauge precursor to the Cotton Belt). Something that ties it altogether would fit. 

Mike

On Sep 7, 2019, at 8:06 PM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

Mike, you would be well served to pick a nickname of your own choosing (as I did) or the evil minds present in this group will assign you a moniker that will follow you forever!  Bwa ha ha ha (evil laugh).

Butch

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019, 5:13 PM Railroadguy1957 via Groups.Io <Railroadguy1957=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Guys,

--
Russ Norris, MMR
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

lloyd lehrer

Welcome Mike.

lloyd "Lurky" lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019, 5:17 PM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:

Mayour

Hi Guys,

--
lloyd lehrer

Mike Mackey

Thanks Lurky!

Mike

On Sep 7, 2019, at 10:06 PM, lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:

Welcome Mike.

lloyd "Lurky" lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019, 5:17 PM Mike Conder <vulturenest1@...> wrote:

Mayour

Hi Guys,

--
lloyd lehrer

Mike Conder

Denver area. 

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 6:42 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:

Ric Case 
EBT Modeler 
Hamilton Ohio 
1-513-375-7694

Mayour

Hi Guys,

claneon30

Well, Knifey, that sound as handy as a bribe in the Mayor’s pocket!

Welcome,

Preacher

Chris Lane - Editor HOn3 Annual

On Sep 7, 2019, at 6:47 PM, Mike Mackey via Groups.Io <Railroadguy1957@...> wrote:

Fort Worth. 

Mike

Ric Case 
EBT Modeler 
Hamilton Ohio 
1-513-375-7694

Mayour

Hi Guys,

Russ Norris

I vote for knifeyknife too.  Has a bit of an edge to it.

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, 10:16 AM claneon30 <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:

Welcome,

Preacher

On Sep 7, 2019, at 6:47 PM, Mike Mackey via Groups.Io <Railroadguy1957@...> wrote:

Fort Worth. 

Mike

Ric Case 
EBT Modeler 
Hamilton Ohio 
1-513-375-7694

Mayour

Hi Guys,

--
Russ Norris, MMR
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

claneon30

I was referring to the 3D printing aspect, but yes, sometimes you chose your moniker, but the best moniker’s and nicknames chose you.

Barkeep dubbed me Preacher. I would have chosen something different…and not nearly as fitting!

Preacher

On Sep 9, 2019, at 11:25 AM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

Welcome,

Preacher

Fort Worth. 

Mike

Ric Case 
EBT Modeler 
Hamilton Ohio 
1-513-375-7694

Mayour

Hi Guys,

-- 
Russ Norris, MMR
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Mike Conder

Actually, those nicknames come from a separate private email list ... apologies for misreading the "Join" request.

Mike Conder - Moderator on HOn3 and that other list ...

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 11:32 AM claneon30 <chrislaneon30@...> wrote:
I was referring to the 3D printing aspect, but yes, sometimes you chose your moniker, but the best moniker’s and nicknames chose you.

Barkeep dubbed me Preacher. I would have chosen something different…and not nearly as fitting!

Preacher

On Sep 9, 2019, at 11:25 AM, Russ Norris <rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:

Welcome,

Preacher

Fort Worth. 

Mike

Ric Case 
EBT Modeler 
Hamilton Ohio 
1-513-375-7694

Mayour

Hi Guys,

-- 
Russ Norris, MMR
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

John Niemeyer

Mike

Could you send me a private e-mail off list. I couldn’t find your e-mail address.

John Niemeyer

Hi Guys,

Thanks,  Mike Mackey, MMR #573