Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette

Roger Clay

All Issues in Fair (F) or Good (G) condition.

All individual Fair condition issues $5 + shipping
All individual Good condition issues $7 + shipping

Accepting offers over $350 (plus hipping) for the entire Lot including duplicate issues And, if you request it,  I’ll throw in the 2011 HOn3 Annual.

Payment via PayPal (Friends), Venmo or Zelle (preferred)

Year
Issue
Condition
# of Issues
1980

May/June
1

Nov/Dec
1
1981

Jan/Feb
1

May/June
1

Jul/Aug
1

Sept/Oct
1
1982

Mar/April
1

May/June
1

Jul/Aug
1

Nov/Dec
1
1983

Mar/April
1

Jul/Aug
1
1984

Jan/Feb
1

Jul/Aug
1

Sept/Oct
1
1985

Mar/April
1

Jul/Aug
1

Nov/Dec
1
1993

Jul/Aug
1
1994

Nov/Dec
1
1999

Jan/Feb
1

Mar/April
3

May/June
1

Jul/Aug
1

Sept/Oct
1

Nov/Dec
1
2002

Jan/Feb
1

Mar/April
3

May/June
1

Jul/Aug
1

Sept/Oct
1

Nov/Dec
1
2003

Jan/Feb
2

Mar/April
2

May/June
2

Jul/Aug
1

Sept/Oct
1

Nov/Dec
3
2004

Nov/Dec
1
2006

Jan/Feb
1
2008

Jan/Feb
1

Mar/April
1

May/June
1

Jul/Aug
1

Sept/Oct
1

Nov/Dec
1
2009

Jan/Feb
1

Mar/April
1

May/June
1

Jul/Aug
1

Sept/Oct
1

Nov/Dec
1
2010

Mar/April
1

May/June
1

Jul/Aug
1
2012

Jan/Feb
1

May/June
1

Jul/Aug
1

Sept/Oct
1

Nov/Dec
1
Roger Clay
The 7th Direction
Marin County, California
mobile & txt: 415-233-1290

Climax@...

Darn, I wonder how much a set from Volume 1 #1 to date in mint shape in binders, plus all Fine Lines and Slim Gauge news would be worth today.

DB

[...]

Eric Schrowang

Bob Hayden offers the entire first 50 years plus fine lines for 150.00 on a computer DVD.
Eric

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 11:08 AM <Climax@...> wrote:
[...]

Russ Norris

And well worth the price!

Russ

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021, 2:04 PM Eric Schrowang <eschrowang@...> wrote:
[...]

The only problem is that you can clean the coffee stains off a CD, and yet the ones on the magazines have lasting memories! hhhahaha

[...]

John

I had my entire collection up on eBay a few years ago and the best I could get was $60.00
Sad
John

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 12:30 PM, Russ Norris
<rbnorrisjr@...> wrote:
😂

[...]

Yes, I bought Bob’s DVD but, unfortunately, I could not get the app to install properly on any of my Macs. Gratefully I was able to extract all the scanned PDFs and can read and search the resulting files easily. Folks with the new M1 Macs (no Boot Camp ability at this point) and post Catalina macOS machines  are going to need to have a Windows machine to use the DVD. Bob told me he has the app installed and working on his Mac running the Mojave macOS, but I could not get the app to install properly on ANY post-High Sierra machine, even though I know my way around Macs and macOS being self-described cyberShaman (Mac support technician).

That said, there are some old-school MRs out there that prefer reading off paper, and with the prices NG&SLG back issues are going for on eBay, I thought the $350 for 60 issues in very good shape sounded reasonable. Still,  without a doubt getting 50 years of NG&SLG and Finelines AND Slim Gauge News in digital format for $150 is a much better deal.

But sadly, Bob’s compilation only goes up to 2014, and he’s told me directly that he and Bob Brown are not interested in keeping it up-to-date or compatible with current Macs.

— burnin’ rio

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021, 2:04 PM Eric Schrowang <eschrowang@...> wrote:
Bob Hayden offers the entire first 50 years plus fine lines for 150.00 on a computer DVD.
Eric

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 11:08 AM <Climax@...> wrote:
Darn, I wonder how much a set from Volume 1 #1 to date in mint shape in binders, plus all Fine Lines and Slim Gauge news would be worth today.

DB

Roger Clay
The 7th Direction
Marin County, California
mobile & txt: 415-233-1290

Roger Clay

Well, I recently saw the Netflix Minimalism documentary and realized I need to pare-down my stuff. That, and the Marie Kondo "Tidy-up” movement, motivated me to jettison my back issues, Next up is to scan my post-2014 issues and add them to my collection of NG&SLG PDFs.

That said, I’ll take entertain offers over $60  (+ shipping) on what I’ve listed. <finger-crossed that there is a buyer out there.>

On Feb 25, 2021, at 12:34 PM, John via groups.io <spaceway1999@...> wrote:

I had my entire collection up on eBay a few years ago and the best I could get was $60.00
Sad
John

Roger Clay
The 7th Direction
Marin County, California
mobile & txt: 415-233-1290

Bill Lugg

I know nothing about Macs as I am a Linux guy, myself.  Is there a tool equivalent to Wine for Linux you can use on a Mac to emulate Windoze and run some of these apps?  I use it to get access to the MR archive on DVD and it works great.  I haven't acquired the NGSLG DVD yet, but expect it will work as well.

Bill Lugg

javascript:popupWindow('http://bobhayden.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=102

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 11:08 AM <Climax@mindspring.com
<mailto:Climax@mindspring.com>> wrote:

Darn, I wonder how much a set from Volume 1 #1 to date in
mint shape in binders, plus all Fine Lines and Slim Gauge
news would be worth today.

DB
Roger Clay
The 7th Direction
Marin County, California
mobile & txt: 415-233-1290
roger@7thdirection.com <mailto:roger@7thdirection.com>

Mark Rosche

No emulator like Wine for MacOS but you can run Parallels or VMWare Fusion on a Mac (Intel based) and have a full blown Windows Virtual Machine...Parallels and Fusion are very stable and well integrated into MacOS.  I use this extensively at work and for hobby purposes...not free but well worth the few $$$. Parallels will run on an M1 Mac and one can install Windows 10 for ARM Preview but the DVD will not run on it as the program on the DVD is compiled for Intel based Windows...

Regards,

Mark

Don‘t take life too seriously...no one gets out alive anyway....

       <mailto:Climax@...>> wrote:

           Darn, I wonder how much a set from Volume 1 #1 to date in
           mint shape in binders, plus all Fine Lines and Slim Gauge
           news would be worth today.

           DB

Roger Clay
The 7th Direction
Marin County, California
mobile & txt: 415-233-1290
roger@... <mailto:roger@...>

Roger Clay

Everything Mark said is correct.

One other issue can come up from the use of an external DVD drive on Macs from the last few years that have no media drive. While I had no problem getting one of my Apple SuperDrives to read the Hayden DVD, another SuperDrive I use from time to time (and normally reads any CD/DVD) took several attempts to get the drive to mount.

On Feb 25, 2021, at 1:55 PM, Mark Rosche via groups.io <m_rosche@...> wrote:

No emulator like Wine for MacOS but you can run Parallels or VMWare Fusion on a Mac (Intel based) and have a full blown Windows Virtual Machine...Parallels and Fusion are very stable and well integrated into MacOS.  I use this extensively at work and for hobby purposes...not free but well worth the few $$$. Parallels will run on an M1 Mac and one can install Windows 10 for ARM Preview but the DVD will not run on it as the program on the DVD is compiled for Intel based Windows...

Regards,

Mark

Roger Clay
The 7th Direction
Marin County, California
mobile & txt: 415-233-1290

Bill Mugford

Hi:

Does anyone have a K-37 or K-37 that they might want to send to a new, very caring home?

Reply here or 336.307.1870 by phone or text.

Gratefully,

Bill Mugford
Phone

On Feb 24, 2021, at 11:42 PM, Roger Clay <roger@...> wrote:

[...]

For a price anything can be done! hahahhaha

[...]

tonyk537

I have a Balboa K-36 for sale.   $300 including shipping.

Unpainted.

Bill Mugford

Hi:

Can you text pics to 336.307.1870?

I’m interested.

Bill

Bill Mugford
Phone

On Mar 2, 2021, at 1:57 PM, tonyk537 via groups.io <Tonyk375@...> wrote:

I have a Balboa K-36 for sale.   $300 including shipping.

Unpainted.

Bill Mugford

Looking for both a K-36 and K-37.

I mistyped in my earlier message.