From: Dusty
Sent: Jul 3, 2020 7:08 PM
To: HOn3@groups.io
Subject: [HOn3] Narrow Gauge Creations 20" Porter

Does anyone have first hand experience with this Shapeways item. I'm looking for a tramway set (static) up to haul rock from a couple of mines to a mill or two. I'm thinking this engine could be located 36" back from the facia to serve as 'texture' rather than as a component of a 'diorama'. More obscure in the background. I'm thinking Nn3 tippers for haulers. A couple behind the engine 'out on the line', a couple spotted at small mine tipples and a couple at the mills.

Any info will be appreciated!

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

Randy Hees

The old MiniTrains (small, mostly European outline) line of HO for N track from AHM is still available...  see http://www.minitrains.eu/mt-freight.html   They have some wonderful tiny tip cars...

Randy

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 4:27 PM <Climax@...> wrote:
have you looked at the very old AHM HOe (e scale track) diesel and steam locomotives and cars?  they might just fit what your trying to make.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this Shapeways item. I'm looking for a tramway set (static) up to haul rock from a couple of mines to a mill or two. I'm thinking this engine could be located 36" back from the facia to serve as 'texture' rather than as a component of a 'diorama'. More obscure in the background. I'm thinking Nn3 tippers for haulers. A couple behind the engine 'out on the line', a couple spotted at small mine tipples and a couple at the mills.

Any info will be appreciated!

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

Mike Conder

I have one and it looks quite good.  Maybe a little sanding needed but fine for a background model.  And a LOT less expensive thanks Zn3 mechanism!

So yeah, worth the cost to me.

Mike Conder

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 5:08 PM Dusty <Dustburm@q.com> wrote:
Does anyone have first hand experience with this Shapeways item. I'm looking for a tramway set (static) up to haul rock from a couple of mines to a mill or two. I'm thinking this engine could be located 36" back from the facia to serve as 'texture' rather than as a component of a 'diorama'. More obscure in the background. I'm thinking Nn3 tippers for haulers. A couple behind the engine 'out on the line', a couple spotted at small mine tipples and a couple at the mills.

Any info will be appreciated!

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

Dusty

Arrived today. Gauge is slightly too wide for Nn3/Z track. Viewed from 2' away it's satisfactory for my purposes. Image includes an Nn3 tipper and a Walthers Industrial tipper. I think I have my non-operating tram way engine.

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

Lee Gustafson

That looks good. You’re on your way. I wonder if Cliff Grandt could power it?

On Jul 21, 2020, at 5:11 PM, Dusty <dustburm@q.com> wrote:

Arrived today. Gauge is slightly too wide for Nn3/Z track. Viewed from 2' away it's satisfactory for my purposes. Image includes an Nn3 tipper and a Walthers Industrial tipper. I think I have my non-operating tram way engine.

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

<15953690745192524412531093535405.jpg>

Climax@...

I highly doubt Cliff Grandt could power it.  I think he is powering trains in he hear after.

That looks good. You’re on your way. I wonder if Cliff Grandt could power it?

On Jul 21, 2020, at 5:11 PM, Dusty <dustburm@q.com> wrote:

Arrived today. Gauge is slightly too wide for Nn3/Z track. Viewed from 2' away it's satisfactory for my purposes. Image includes an Nn3 tipper and a Walthers Industrial tipper. I think I have my non-operating tram way engine.

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

<15953690745192524412531093535405.jpg>

Mike Conder

Is this the one being sold as HOn20?  Ok have one of those, looks good for background.

And pretty difficult to power without a lot of work.  Probably less work to scratchbuild a structure than modify this one.

Mike Conder

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 4:11 PM Dusty <Dustburm@q.com> wrote:
Arrived today. Gauge is slightly too wide for Nn3/Z track. Viewed from 2' away it's satisfactory for my purposes. Image includes an Nn3 tipper and a Walthers Industrial tipper. I think I have my non-operating tram way engine.

Dusty Burman
623 261-8707

Lee Gustafson

Yes, I do hope Cliff is powering Porters large and small, all shapes and sizes, and they run even better than the ones he powered When he was alive. I do hope he still wears the jewelers lupe . I hope the track is clear and his porter has a full head of steam .best wishes cliff.

Lee Gustafson