Topics

Mystery trucks?

Dusty

I don't have any idea where these trucks came from or what their prototype might be. They look to be 4'8" wheel base with leaf springs. Any suggestions?

Dusty,

I am guessing they are a tender truck, probably D&RGW.

Bruce Dunlevy

Lee Gustafson

IIRC, a long time ago I think Westside models imported those trucks. Someone probably will chime in.

Lee Gustafson

On May 17, 2020, at 5:33 PM, Dusty <dustburm@q.com> wrote:

I don't have any idea where these trucks came from or what their prototype might be. They look to be 4'8" wheel base with leaf springs. Any suggestions?

<15897545778386297455738566581083.jpg>

Dusty

Bruce,

I hadn't considered tender trucks! All four wheels are currently insulated but who knows what their original configuration was. I sure wish I remembered where they came from. Probably an assorted batch of stuff (junk) from Ebay?

Dusty

Dale Buxton

I’ve see that truck before! For some reason (and I’m probably wrong), I’m thinking they came from either a Hallmark Models models D&RGW long caboose or a work boxcar. One or both of those arrived with 4’8” trucks which was totally wrong!

D. Buxton

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 16:33 Dusty <Dustburm@q.com> wrote:
I don't have any idea where these trucks came from or what their prototype might be. They look to be 4'8" wheel base with leaf springs. Any suggestions?

Dusty

You're right. It's all coming back to me. Sheldon at Coronado removed them during a paint job or something.

Dusty

Dusty

There's a Hallmark Caboose on Ebay right now with those incorrect trucks.

Dusty

Dale Buxton

Wow! It’s true. The sun does shine on a dogs butt every once in a while. Lol!

Dale